Sunday, November 29, 2009

My Own Personal Elves

Once again my day didn't go as planned. I think I do better when I don't plan anything. We went to Mass at 7:00 & did our grocery shopping. I needed to go to Bed, Bath & Beyond to get a tablecloth. Dean decided to go with me. He wanted to get a pair of shoes so we went to Shoe Station. I'm still so surprised that he initiated the trip there! Of course while he's looking I found a pair of fabulous boots!

They were on sale for $29.99 plus we had a 20% off coupon. I also found these.


Actually, Dean found them. I was looking at the yellow ones & they didn't have my size but I have the best husband in the world & after he said "I can't believe I'm about to do this" he pointed out the pink ones in my size!! I LOVE the pink ones & would much rather have them than the yellow ones. Wooo Hooo!! They were marked down to $16.50 so with the coupon I got them for $13.20! The regular price was $28.00. Sounds like a deal to me.

They also had a really cute pair of Skechers. I've been wanting to get a pair for awhile to have for the winter. Again, they didn't have my size. I can't figure out if they're sizing shoes differently or if my foot has started growing again because I'm having to get a half size bigger now. When I got home I ordered them online. I'm really going to try & refrain from buying shoes for awhile.

Before we came home we stopped & ate at Chili's. It was really good but I ate too much & didn't feel like doing anything when I got home. I finally started decorating & then my elves showed up. Meet Amelia-Ann & Claire.


It was great! They were a big help.




It was so nice not to have get under the tree to put the skirt down! The elves were a lot of laughs too!






The only thing it cost me was Dr. Pepper & a few games of hide & go seek. Luckily, one of the elves had to go to Mass & that ended the games. Otherwise, we may have ended up in the ER & that would've been embarrassing! I'm really out of shape. I'm pretty sure it's going to be rough in the morning when I have to get out bed.

My elves were serving a dual purpose, they helped decorate & they also harrassed Dean about buying me a puppy. Amelia-Ann has an ulterior motive for this, she wants a puppy & her dad hasn't given in yet. I'm not sure who's going to win that one. It doesn't look like either is going to give in anytime soon.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment