Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ribs & Stuff

I can't stop thinking about something that happened yesterday. I was on my way home from work & I was doing my usual 35-40 mph down Brightside & it was raining. There was a girl in a small truck, like a little Mazda or Chevy or something on Alvin Dark at the stop sign. She pulled out in front of me. When I say pulled out in front of me I mean I was like 20 feet from her. She just looked at me. I immediately slammed on the brakes knowing I was going to probably slide all over the place since it was wet. From the sound of the squeal I'm guessing there was smoke coming from my tires. I was very lucky that there was nobody walking or riding their bike because I swerved onto the shoulder/bike path & by the grace of God missed hitting this girl by what couldn't be more than a few inches. I couldn't stop shaking. Here I am in this big Expedition & I was about to broadside this girl. She would've been hurt badly if not killed. Freaked me out.

More serious stuff. I have a friend that is pregnant with twins. I met Tonya through my sis-in-law. We love her & her great little family. Tonya will be 24 weeks on Friday & she was put on bed rest yesterday because of pre-term labor. Her first baby was born early 6 wks. early so they've been watching her closely. The goal is for her to make it to 28 wks. Say some prayers that not only will she make it that far but beat the odds & go longer!

When I woke up this morning I felt better. However, in the Robitussin induced coma like state I was in, I took my steroids wrong this morning. Taking medicine really shouldn't be this difficult. My ribs on my left side are really sore. Dean assures me that it's not possible to break ribs from blowing my nose but I don't know. They hurt.

Speaking of bones, I just finished reading The Lovely Bones. I really enjoyed it. This is one of those books that everyone's been talking about & I thought I'd feel smarter if I read it. Well, I don't feel any smarter but at least if someone asks I can say that I've read it. If you haven't read it I recommend it.

For those of you that watch Gossip Girl I need help. For some reason the DVR malfunctioned 3 wks. ago & didn't tape it. I have a sneaky suspicion that this has something to do with Dean recording shows about Vegas & there were too many things set for the same time. Anyway, as much as I hate to watch/read things out of order I was dying for my GG fix so I watched the last 2 wks. episodes. I need my peeps to fill me in on what I missed. PLEASE!!!

I also have to send a shout out to my friend Wendy - she's turned me onto ANOTHER blog! Like I needed that. It's called Veronika's Blushing. If you like girlie stuff like makeup & hair like I do, you'll love it!

Later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment