Friday, October 16, 2009

More Evidence That I'm An Idiot

I need help. Everyday when I wake up I have dark circles under my eyes. It can't possibly be from not getting enough sleep because everyone knows I love my sleep & it's a priority in my life. I'm also aging. sigh. I have little tiny wrinkles under my eyes (along with crows feet & my crease but that's another story) & I've found concealer seems to magnify those. Does anyone else have this problem? What do you use? While I'm on the subject of makeup let me ask, what's the deal with Sephora? I've never been there but I hear about it constantly & when we were in Vegas I saw like 3 different ones just on The Strip. Along with 3 Tiffany's which I still can't understand. I know there's money in Vegas but seriously 3 Tiffany's?? Back to Sephora, tell me what's so great about it or if it's truly great at all. I just don't know.

The first night we were in Vegas we got a call at midnight from our security co. Our security system was giving them some sort of signal that we had a low battery. I'm still not really sure why they called us at midnight which was actually 2:00 a.m. in B.R. but they did. Dean told them we were out of town. They said that was fine, they'd make a note & for us to call when we got back to see about getting a new battery. I didn't really understand that either. Can't I just go to CVS & buy a battery? Wednesday after work I'm in the kitchen & this beeping starts. I have no idea where it's coming from. It's the security system. Dean said it was doing it when he got home. I suggest taking the battery out but instead he called the security co. To make a long story short, the lady tells him they can come out with a battery for $60 or we can go Sat. & pick one up for $35. We're picking it up. She also says it will only go off once every 24 hrs. so he doesn't take the battery out. My comment was that it had gone off twice in 3 hrs. & that I wouldn't be real happy if it woke me up in the middle of the night. Fast forward to 1:30 am. Yep, you guessed it, beeping. I didn't say anything because apparently Dean was in a much deeper sleep than I was & the beeping scared him half to death the way he jumped out of the bed. I figure that was punishment enough. This is the battery.



I couldn't figure out how in the world this thing came out of the keypad. When I mentioned this to Dean he took a few deep breaths & explained to me that it came out of the box in our closet. Box? What box? Oh yeh, the grey metal, fuse box looking thing. That makes much more sense! Idiot, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment