Sunday, October 23, 2011

Friday

Dean & I were off Friday. I love just working a 4 day week. I've got another one this week! We did some shopping. We made a Sam's run. I do love that place. I've said before that I find nice clothes there. I'm sure there are people that think I'm crazy but I don't care. I scored Friday. I got a pair of Nine West jeans that I LOVE. They fit great & they were $20. I got a pair of brown corduroy pants for $20 & I got a pair of Nicole Miller dark brown dress pants for $16. I think I'm going to go back & see what other colors they had in the cords & dress pants. I only bought the brown ones because I didn't know how they'd fit. I also got a couple of tops.
$17!!
Kenneth Cole - $18!!

After Sam's we made a stop at Shoe Station. The sole purpose of this stop was to return a wallet I bought awhile back. Well, I ended up with these.
This is not my fault in the least. Even though I had my receipt they wouldn't give me my money back on the wallet because it had been more than 30 days since I bought it but they'd give me store credit. So see I HAD to buy shoes. I had a coupon of course too. They're dark brown. I really did need some dark brown casual shoes.

Next up was Academy. After the dress debacle that was my run the other morning it was imperative that I get some cold weather running clothes. I keep hearing that the Under Armour pants are the things to get BUT they're $50 a pair. I can't bring myself to pay that. Partly because I want more than one pair so I don't have to do laundry so much & partly because I seriously doubt that I'm running when it's 30 degrees. Sooooo, I went with the Academy brand. They say they'll keep you warm, they fit me & they were $20. HA! I got 2 pair. They're just black tight like, dry fit pants. I also got a couple of long sleeve dry fit shirts.
The pink one is much brighter than it looks. I decided it would be good for my morning runs. There's a school bus that comes through that drives entirely too fast so I want to make sure I'm seen!!! I'm about to order some dry fit gloves online & I'll be all set for my cold weather runs.

We had lunch at The Bulldog. We've never been there but I bought a Groupon awhile back. We had burgers & fries. I really enjoyed the fries. They were waffle fries, I'm not usually a fan of those but they were coated in wing sauce, then covered with chili, cheese & jalapeno peppers!!

I went for a run Friday afternoon & it wasn't pretty. The weather was beautiful & it wasn't too hot but it just wasn't a good run. I managed to make it 30 mins. but I only ran about 2.7 miles. How weird that I'm saying "only 2.7 mi.". Anyway, I think part of the problem was that I was too full. I just felt weird.  I took a nap when I got home. I fell asleep on the sofa watching Friends.(all time favorite show EVER!!).  Apparently, I was sleeping in a really weird position because my neck was really hurting along with my left leg when I woke up. As the night progressed my wrist starting hurting too. It was the weirdest thing. I only slept for an hour. Boy if I could have that hour back!! My birthday is Saturday & my friends & I always have a birthday dinner for each other. Mine was Friday.  It ended up just being me, Wendy & Vicki because Allison was in a wreck. She's ok but banged up. We ate at Portobello's. It's another local Italian restaurant. I had the Eggplant Roulades.
It's fried eggplant topped with crawfish, spinach & a bacon cream sauce. Portobello's has the best side salad in town I think.
It's big for a side salad & it has diced tomatoes, celery, mushrooms, purple onions, bacon bits, grated cheese & croutons. I had blue cheese vinaigrette dressing which was really good too. Vicki's little boy Lane, is our Godchild & he gave me a Starbucks gift card. Y'all know I was excited about that!! It was a nice dinner.

Then it was home to bed. I could barely put any weight on my leg & I couldn't really turn my head. It wasn't pretty. We were going to the LSU game Saturday & that entails A LOT of walking. When I went to bed I didn't know if I'd get to go. So that's all for now!

Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. Traci I find cute clothes at Sams all the time. I totally understand. We should all get the good deals like they offer. I have a pair of gray CK cords from them that I love and wish I would have bought the other colors they had last season. Oh well.

    Sorry about you leg and neck. I'm glad you are doing better now.

    Happy Birthday! You looked GREAT at the game. You look thin and fit! I need to start working out. I have been terrible about it. :)

    ReplyDelete