Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Anniversary Dinner

Yesterday was our 8th anniversary. We've been together for 13 1/2 years. I often refer to things as being B.D. or A.D. (Before Dean or After Dean). Ha! We had dinner at Flemings last night. This is our favorite steak restaurant. It's pricey so it's a once or twice a year treat. We've been to Sullivan's & Ruths Chris but we don't think there's any comparison. They bring this bread to the table with 2 spreads. One is garlic & something & the other is tomato basil. It's soooo good. They also have a new "skinny" martini, "The Stiletto". It's 99 calories & since it's breast cancer awareness month they're donating all of the proceeds to breast cancer research. That means you have to have at least one right? It's for a good cause!
Gin, lime, ginger & fresh blackberries (which you can't see but were delish!). I had the wedge salad. This is by far my favorite salad & every time I eat one (which isn't often) I ask why is it that a head of iceburg lettuce chopped in half is soooo good?? Dean says it's all about the temp. It's just so good & this one had big chunks of blue cheese which I absolutely love!!! YUM! Next up was my steak. Porcini rubbed filet, grilled asparagus spears & a Gorgonzola cream sauce. OMG!! Soooo good!!

I received an email saying that if we dined at Flemings during October we'd get a free piece of cake because October is my birthday month. Well, this wasn't just any chocolate cake.
Triple Chocolate Celebration Cake! There's nothing I can say about this cake that will do it justice. It wasn't just a piece of cake. It was more the size of like 4 or 5 pieces. We split it & we ate it ALL! Incidentally, Weigh In Wednesday has been postponed. I promise I forgot to weigh & it doesn't have anything to do with that cake. I mean it does, but I truly did forget to weigh this morning.  At this point we were both stuffed! Then the waiter brought these since it was our anniversary.
Flemings Truffles. I remember we got these last year when we went & they're divine! He gave us each a box. I will be limiting myself to one a day. And YES I am going to Yoglates today!

Toodles!

15 comments:

  1. Everything sounds so yummy! I'm glad y'all had a wonderful anniversary dinner!I still can't believe how time has passed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!! :)

    The food sounds so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a feast!! happy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Anniversary Traci! Every thing you described above sounds delish! You deserved it, you have worked so hard on your weight, and you have been married 8 years. Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww, happy happy anniversary!! I love the BD and AD...that's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like y'all had a great dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! I love the mac & cheese there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary!

    Your celebratory meal sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad y'all had a good one! Looks delish!
    P.S. I have used BD and AD, too! (Doug) haha! One more coincidence! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated anniversary!! Flemings is wonderful...have you ever gone to happy hour there? Ours has lots of yummy things for reasonable prices and it's still wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Belated Anniversary!! Yum, love Truffles. Glad you had a great time. XO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had an amazing anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. After seeing your pics of the food, I'm dying to go that restaurant.

    ReplyDelete