Friday, November 9, 2012

T.G.F.L.W.

That means "Thank God for Long Weekends!". That's what I had last weekend & that's what I have this weekend. Sadly, it's only 3 days this week but I'll take it.

What's been happening since my last post?  I was off Monday. I have lots of vacation to take before the end of the year & I have a not very considerate co-worker that has taken the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years off so I'm stuck with random days off. What I learned Monday is that I have the potential to be a fabulous housewife! I'm talking June Cleaver without Wally & The Beave. I'd even wear the pearls. No dress because my yoga pants are just too comfy. I ran, I grocery shopped, I did a gazillion loads of laundry, I cooked & it was good & it wasn't easy & I didn't have to call my mom. It's really a miracle actually. I was exhausted by the time Dean got home but I'd do it everyday if it meant not getting up at 4:45 every morning.

Then there was the election. I voted early at lunch one day because I did not want to stand in a ridiculous line. Of course after the election I wonder why I went to the trouble because I think one of the people I voted for actually won. We had a ton of people to vote for too. Oh well.

I went to Yoglates Tuesday, Thursday & Friday. Yay for going 3 times this week. I've been trying to get back on track with that. I ran Monday &  Wednesday morning.

Work has been better the last two days. I'm actually sitting at my desk blogging & I don't have anything that has to be done before I leave today. I've only worked late a couple of days this week & today I'll actually only work 8 hours! YAY!!

Tonight we're going out to eat. You know our usual Friday night routine. Tomorrow we're going to Dean's parents & then to some friends to watch the LSU/Miss. St. game. I'm thinking about putting up my Christmas tree Sunday. We're going to Dean's parents for Thanksgiving this year so there's no reason not to. That was my week. How was yours?

Have a great weekend!!

Toodles!

4 comments:

  1. Go ahead and quit, you'd make a wonderful house wife! Anyhoo, I have my tree up because we won't be here Thanksgiving, and we have hubby's office staff here the first part of December, so I have to get some things done! Happy long week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being a stay at home wife...of course now Don is home too...so we're a stay at home couple! I think I'd get tired of Christmas decor up that long...just sayin...Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be great to stay at home?! And still have the money?! Ha! My dream!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love long weekends! And how sad that your coworker took all the good weeks off! No fair!!

    ReplyDelete