Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Happy Hump Day!

That's the thing about being off on Monday. Wednesday gets here fast & it's great! Sadly, aside from Thanksgiving Day I don't have any time off until December. Then it's a whole week though!

I started my morning off with my first red cup of the season!
A grande Caramel Brulee Latte nonfat no whip. Just think I used to be so intimidated by the Starbucks ordering process! What is it about these little cups that make me so happy?? I guess because it means Christmas is coming & that's my absolute most favorite time of the year! I had time to go to Starbucks this morning because I decided that I didn't want to get up at 4:45 to run in the 30 degree weather. We're having a cold snap right now so I'm going to run after work in the 50 degree weather.

Last night I had dinner with friends. My friend Veronica moved to Houston a few months ago & was in town for work. I had some time to kill before dinner so I went to the mall. I was looking for brown boots. While in Macy's I came across the pajama section. They have some really cute stuff for winter. Now, this is the LAST thing I need to be looking at. I have enough winter pj's to last SEVERAL years. They were really cute though. I didn't find any boots at the mall. Truth be told, I didn't look very hard because the mall is kinda scary now. There was a lot of "interesting characters" as Allison would say. I don't know if I'm getting old or it's just that the world is so different now but the last several times I've been to the mall it ooged me out. Go figure.

Anyway, I moved on to Shoe Station. My most favorite shoe store ever. It's a rare day that I don't find at least one pair of shoes there. Let me tell you, it's a really sad day when it does happen. Luckily, they didn't disappoint last night. I got these
Aren't they beautiful??? I love the color. I was planning to get a dark brown but when I saw the Cognac I loved them. They're Madden Girl aka the lesser expensive Steve Maddens. I love a wedge heal too. I have a thing for wedges, salads & heals. Interesting. Does anyone know where I can get some boot socks? Please don't say Target. I stopped at Target because we ate at Olive Garden & they share a parking lot. I've mentioned before how I don't understand the greatness everyone says is Target. I like the toy dept. I seem to always be able to find good stuff there. Other than that I don't get it. I didn't see any cute clothes. They actually had a whole section of swimsuits out. They weren't leftovers either. It was a "2013 Swim Preview". Yeh, in the 30 degree weather. Anyway, no boot socks which is where everyone I've seen in blog land &  twitter has gotten them. Sigh.

Toodles!


6 comments:

  1. Love those boots!
    & that coffee sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some new boots too! Yes, yes, before you think "she lives in a fantasy world", I will admit that I do. At 12 noon everyday is Sophie's nap time, so I sit and watch tv because she won't sleep if I don't. Anyhoo, on days of our lives, Sammy Brady has had on the most amazing boots, along with a short dress, and I want those boots! And legs that look good enough to wear a short dress with the boots, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the boots, Taci! Love the style and color. GL finding socks. it's been cold there? i've been in Fl and it is in the high 70's and low 80's here...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling boots, Traci! They look like they would be very comfy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I THINK I saw boot socks at academy- in the shoe section with the hiking socks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute boots!! Seriously, I've told you before - your Target must suck! Get those prisoner friends of yours to write letters to Target Corp. demanding an overhaul of their sucky store!

    ReplyDelete