Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Goodbye San Diego!

Our last day in San Diego turned out to be a day spent in airports. Our flight out wasn't until 2:30 but we were told all the flights were overbooked & people were being bumped. Off to the airport we went at 11:00. Remember here when I talked about packing?  On the trip home I wanted a light carry on so I put as much stuff as I could in my big suitcase. They didn't weigh it on the flight to San Diego so I didn't think there was anything to worry about. Well, I thought wrong.

50 pounds is the limit. Lucky for me the airline peeps said it was ok. Otherwise I was about to start digging stuff out to put in Lydia's suitcase. As usual I overpacked. It's really ridiculous the stuff I bring "in case". We were able to check in so we were good to go. We ate lunch & then found these great rocking chairs.

 I've never seen rockers at an airport. They were also right next to an outlet so we were able to charge our phones & play Words With Friends while we rocked.

The week we were in San Diego, the NFL had their Rookie Symposium where they teach the guys how to transition in & out of the league. Needless to say NFL players were everywhere & the majority of them seemed to be on our flight. I was crossing my fingers that I wouldn't have a big lineman next to me. Those plane seats are small & I didn't want to be crammed up next to someone I didn't know. I'm funny about that stuff.  Lucky for me this was the guy I got.

I know it's not a great picture but I was trying to be discreet. His name is Riley Cooper & he was Tim Tebow's roommate & one of the Wide Receivers at Florida. He'll be playing for the Philadelphia Eagles. He was very nice.

Then we got to Dallas & that's where all the problems started. Between the time the Pilot announced which gate we needed to go to & getting off the plane, the gate changed. That was the first of either 5 or 6 gate changes. I lost count. Everytime we got to the correct gate they were changing it. We ate at Chili's & then proceeded to go to yet another gate. Somewhere during all the gate changing the flight was also delayed. NOW we have a problem. We were scheduled to get to Baton Rouge at 10:05 pm. I was scheduled to go to work the next day. I am a MAWMAW. I need a MINIMUM of 8 hours of sleep. When I don't have it, I'm cranky, have a headache & my stomach usually hurts. Combine all that with actually being at work & we're talking EPIC FAIL!! Thank you American Airlines. Everytime I looked at the screen or heard an announcement I was scared it was going to be another delay. Luckily, it didn't happen & we got to Baton Rouge at 11:10. I think I was asleep for 1:00. I slept until 6:00 & pony tailed it to work. It wasn't a good day.

And THAT was our San Diego trip!!!


1 comment:

  1. That was a day from HELL! For just continued 'cause Logan was just getting sicker!