Thursday, July 15, 2010

Friday Fun

Last weekend was jam packed full of fun. Friday we went to Houston. Our friend Katie was getting married Saturday afternoon. We got tickets to the Astros game & toured the stadium. It's been years since I've been to a big league game & now I've been to two in ten days!

After getting the news that Logan was okay & would be going home from the hospital we headed out. We stopped in Beaumont at Chili's & had lunch. This is the first trip that I didn't sleep at all. I ALWAYS sleep in the car so this was a shocker.  We made it to Sugar Land, checked in our hotel & headed back downtown for our tour.

I had really high hopes for this thing. I enjoyed the tour of San Diego's stadium so much, I expected this to be the same. Not so much. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't great. I think part of the problem was that it was before a game & the teams were taking batting practice so we weren't able to go on the field or in the dugouts. We did, however, get to sit in Drayton McLane's seats for B.P. His seats are leather & he has a granite end table. I guess that's an advantage of owning the team! Doesn't Dean look like he could be an owner??


Batting practice is going on behind us.


The Diamond Club is the area set aside for the really rich people. There's a 30 yr. commitment for these seats & the price is $3.5 million over 30 yrs.

It's very nice but I like the Padres Home Plate Club better & you don't have to commit for 30 yrs.

I hope Chick Fil A pays their marketing people well. They are so creative!!


This is a view of from the upper deck of Minute Maid. This isn't even the very top.


I just thought this one was cool looking.


Thankfully the roof was closed for the game. We learned on the tour that if it's above 85 degrees they keep it closed. I'm really confused as to why they even built a retractable roof. The only time it's cooler than 85 is in October. The Astros don't play in October because that's the postseason & the Astros are bad. Like really really bad. Consistently bad.

One thing that's been disappointing about going to these games is that I'm not getting to see LSU guys play. There was only one former tiger playing in this game, Nick Stavinoha & all he did was pinch hit.


We were lucky enough to see a future hall of famer hit a home run. Albert Pujols absolutely hammered the ball.


Everytime he came up to bat I was taking pictures & I managed to catch the HR swing

and the HR trot.

Our seats were good but not quite as good as in San Diego. After the game there was a fireworks show. I was really glad the roof was closed because we got to watch it open. It takes 13 minutes.

Pretty cool huh?

I think this was the best fireworks show I've ever seen!


Fireworks don't photograph well. Or maybe, it's my photography skills. They were really pretty though. 

When we got back to our hotel the wedding party & some of the guests were hanging out in the lounge area. We had a drink & visited with everyone. Believe it or not, I didn't take any pictures!

That was it for our Friday.

Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are really having the time of your life, Traci. You've been gone for quite a while. Keep having fun! We're both in TX now, except I am in Dallas..Christine

    ReplyDelete