Thursday, May 21, 2015

The 8 Hour Graduation Party!

Our weekend was super busy. When I got back to Baton Rouge Saturday I had a few errands to run. When I finally got home I HAD to take a nap. We had a graduation party to go to at 5:00. I knew it had the potential to go late. I had no idea just how late. I'm really glad I managed to get in that nap.

The party was for our 3 neighbors that graduated from LSU Friday. We love Anna, Allie & Alexandra & have watched them grow up the last 10 years. It's really hard to believe they're college graduates. 

There was a ton of Cuban food. Allie & Anna's mom is Cuban. It was so good! After most everyone left & it was just our group & some of the girls friends, the dance party started. 


They have these often & there are several "routines" that are just hilarious!

Me, Anna & Hillary


Hillary, Alexandra, me, Anna & Jordan


The girls celebrated with a shot of Fireball.



I brought them a bottle of champagne. Notice the change of clothes. It was too hot to dance in their party clothes!


Anna & Ashley (Logan dubbed Ashley "that crazy girl" several years ago at the beach)


Ambrosia Strawberry cake. It's delicious! Hard to tell in the picture but aside from a wedding cake, I've never seen a cake this big before. It was huge! There wasn't a bite left either.


These were my favorite!


Plain, iced sugar cookies. I thought the tiger paw was too cute.There were none of these left either.


Doberge cake. I had a small piece of it too. Again, nothing left.

The party finally broke up at 1:30 am. Seriously. I was exhausted. So exhausted that I managed to get in 2 naps on Sunday. I'm not that lazy I just hadn't recovered from Friday night yet. I saw a meme on Facebook that said "I can still party like a rock star, I just can't recover like one". DEAD ON!

We had another graduation party Sunday night. Dean had to go to Texas for work so he missed it. Thankfully, since it was Sunday night it didn't go too late. I got home at 10:00. Of course that's late for me. 

This party was for Devin's high school graduation.


Seeing this face made me happy! I had a hard time figuring out graduation gifts but she was excited when she saw the Tory Burch logo. 


There was tons of delicious Greek food & I finally got to taste the Berry Chantilly cake from Whole Foods. I LOVED IT! I think I liked it more than the Ambrosia strawberry cake. 

I had a rough Monday. I was soooo sleepy all day but I had stuff to do after work. I was going to Logan's t-ball game but it was rained out. I went & had a mani & pedi to get ready for our trip. We leave today! I also got some packing done. 

Tuesday morning I drug myself out of bed & ran. After work I had dinner with Allison, Jill, Vicki & Amanda.


We took this with the new selfie stick. Still need some practice. We ate at Brewbachers.  It's very close to LSU's campus & this was our hangout when we were in our 20's. We loved this place so much. We were there AT LEAST once a weekend but usually more than that. Before a baseball game, after a football game, during a baseball rain delay, etc. They have great burgers & all sorts of other good stuff. Back then our most favorite thing to get was fried cheese sticks! It was announced a couple of weeks ago that they're closing May 31st. There are other locations in town but none have the memories this one has. 

We were even able to sit at our favorite table. We always loved Better Than Ezra's song Circle of Friends. It was one of those songs that wasn't released as a single & they never sing it in concert but it just seemed to fit us & we loved it. The first time we sat at that table someone (probably Allison) said something about a circle of friends were sitting in a circle & of course we laughed. Just silly girl stuff but it stuck & we sat at that table whenever we could. There was A LOT of Dr. Pepper consumed at this table over the years. We haven't been there as a group in years. For whatever reason we also meet up somewhere else. I'm so glad we were able to get together for one"last hoorah"!

Then it was home to pack, again. I just really hate packing. It stresses me out. Regardless of what I get packed the day we leave I end up throwing extra stuff in because I'm scared I don't have enough. I think I did better for this trip but that remains to be seen.

We're traveling in waves. Jackie, Dennis, Anna, Allie & Hillary are leaving BR at 11:30, stopping to have lunch & then heading to the airport. Dean, Cliff & Alexandra are picking me up at work at 1:00 to go to the airport to meet up with the others. Sheri & Amelia-Ann fly out tomorrow because A-A has exams. Scott & his daughter Maddy are flying out later tomorrow because Maddy has exams too. I'll be glad when everyone is safe in San Juan. 

We fly out of New Orleans. We'll be in San Juan until Saturday when we board Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas which will be our home until May 30th. This is the AAA Grad Cruise celebrating Anna, Allie & Alexandra's LSU graduation & it's been planned for a year. I didn't think it would ever get here!

I'm going to try & post in San Juan but once the cruise sets sail I'll be out of touch.

Have a great week!

Toodles!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this cruise sounds like an incredible one!! I can't wait to read all about it when you guys return! Have so much fun, Traci!! Love the graduation pictures - those tiger paw cookies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible party!! I hope you all enjoyed there. My sister is a big party freak and never leaves any chance to attend parties at local party places in the Bronx. Now she has been planning to throw a dance party. She is so excited for this!

    ReplyDelete