Thursday, December 18, 2014

Catching Up!

Things have been a bit crazy. I ended up at the ENT last week & as it turns out I had a sinus infection, an upper respiratory infection & tonsillitis. That would explain why I felt so bad. I was on steroids, an antibiotic, 2 nasal sprays & Mucinex. I was pretty much in a fog all week. I worked Tuesday-Thursday & then I had vacation to take or lose so I was off Friday, Monday & Tuesday. It would be so nice to actually be able to take off around Christmas but once again that's not happening. I've worked full time for something like 20 years & I can't ever take off close to Christmas because of some reason or another. Mostly because of seniority. It sucks, I hate it but I can't do anything about it. Moving on.

I was able to get a ton of stuff done during my time off. Friday I got my hair & nails done & was able to go to the jewelry show with my friend Steph. We didn't buy hardly anything. Highly unusual. For dinner our group went to Caliente. Typical Friday night.

Saturday I was really not feeling good so there was a lot of laying around until it was time to get ready for Church. After Church we had a Christmas Party to go to. That was fun.

Sunday I finished my decorating. Finally!

Dean was off Monday & Tuesday too. We got a lot of shopping done. It was good to get everything finished. I had yet another incident with Target. So done with that store. I realized after I returned the Fitbit that they didn't refund my money for the extended warranty I'd bought. They gave me a bunch of crap about how the UPC code wasn't on my receipt so they couldn't refund it. Funny, I had the correct receipt the FIRST time I returned the Fitbit. Which I explained to this chick multiple times because she felt the need to tell me multiple times she needed the UPC code. I was nice but I wanted to tell her that I heard her the first time & it didn't matter how many times she repeated herself it wasn't going to change anything. I finally just said to get a manager because I was tired of dealing with this fiasco. At that point she explained that she's a supervisor & can take care of it. REALLY????? WITHOUT A UPC CODE??? That really annoyed me. BUT that's not the end of the story. At some point when I was waiting for the Fitbit to come in Target emailed me a $10 gift certificate that I could use online or in store. Knowing that I was going to Target I followed the directions & added it to my online account. All I have to do is show the cashier my phone. Yeh right. I showed her & she said she needed a UPC code. SERIOUSLY?? I showed her the email & she called a manager who told me the same thing the cashier said. By this point I was getting really tired of people repeating things to me. I showed the manager the email. Eventually, someone showed up that could do some sort of override & then proceeded to tell me next time I needed to do this & that. I calmly said that there won't be a next time because I'm done. Seriously I'm done and I mean it. I'm not in love with the store to begin with & this certainly didn't help their cause. Whatever.

We did a lot of eating out while we were off. Tuesday we just had a couple of gifts left to buy so we did that & stopped at Mike Anderson's for lunch. It was cold & I was in the mood for seafood gumbo.


It was delicious!! That's a crab in the middle of the bowl.. I had a side salad too. They have the best ranch dressing ever!!

All of the presents are wrapped and under the tree.


I finally thought to take a picture of my tree.


I think it's prettier in person.

I haven't ran since the Reindeer Run that was almost 2 weeks ago. I didn't feel like it since I was sick & then it was colder & I didn't think it was wise to get out in that. My plan was to run tomorrow but there's a good chance of rain so hopefully it'll happen this weekend.

We have a busy weekend coming up. 2 parties tomorrow night, Christmas brunch with a friend Saturday, Christmas with Dean's family Sunday & going to look at Christmas lights with friends Sunday night. It's going to be Monday before I know it. UGH!

I think I'm caught up.

Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, sweetie...that's the pits having all those symptoms (?) at once. I'm glad you had some time off. When I worked in my 20's I had 3 weeks off after 1 year, Incredible, I know! I took days here and there because I never had money to go anywhere! Come December I took 2-3 days off a week. No, I wasn't that essential yet I was very organized and prepared for my time off.

    You seem to have the big load of gift buying I have. I envy (and am amazed) when people say they have 5 gifts to buy! Family, extended family, grab bags, hostess gifts, co workers, it's never ending. But I finished today. Yay!

    Your tree looks gorgeous. And man, I love seafood gumbo, the best I have had was in New Orleans, of course.

    You don't need to run girl! Get better and enjoy the parties...or consider them time with friends and family...that sounds better!

    Merry Christmas. Oh, and pee on Target!!

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete