Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Weekend


I think I'm a sucker for a gimmick. I'm a sucker about a lot of things actually. I saw on Facebook Thursday something called a Franken Frap at Starbucks & I made it my mission to have one. Halloween was the last day they would serve it. Of course now that I think about it I'm pretty sure you can get one anytime of the year it just isn't called a Franken Frap. ANYWAY, Friday after work I had to go to Sam's to get Halloween candy so on the way home I stopped at Starbucks.


This thing tasted exactly like a York Peppermint Paddy. Like EXACTLY! It was good. I don't know all the details but it's made with green tea, chocolate chips along with other stuff. Since my eating has been so bad I just went with the whip. Why not right?

I think I told y'all my friend Cindy was raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society & she's running Disney's Princess Half. We did a virtual 5K & these are our shirts Cindy made us.
The JAB Jog - JAB were Cindy's mom's initials. I thought the boxing gloves was really cute.

Rather than everyone handing out candy at each individual house the neighbors just brought all of our candy to Jackie's & sat in the driveway together & handed it out. I don't know who is raising these kids but for the most part trick or treat & thank you were not part of their vocabulary. Then there were the kids that weren't even dressed up. UGH!

Our neighborhood association has a party & we have this cute little train that gives rides to the kids. Once trick or treat was over the adults took a ride.

The older girls were going out & if you dressed up there wasn't a cover. When Allie heard that she threw together a costume. It's amazing how fast she went from "no way, I'm not dressing up" to finding a costume when she found out it was going to save her a few bucks.


Lumberjack/Brawny man. I don't know how she comes up with this stuff. She left the paper towels in the car at the bar but brought the ax with her.

Saturday I actually did some things around the house that were on my to do list. YAY!! There's plenty more to do but it's nice to have something done. Now I just have to make a trip to Goodwill & the library to drop off donations.

Lydia, Scott & Logan ran in a race Saturday evening. I went & watched & then went back home for the Ole Miss Auburn game. Most of our neighbor friends came over & we ate & watched the game.

Sunday was my last birthday celebration for the year. Allison, Vicki & I had brunch at Portico. Brunch is quickly becoming my favorite meal.


They have a build your own Bloody Mary bar. I don't love all Bloody Mary's so I stuck with a Mimosa.  I tasted Allison's & it was delicious!!! I'll have one next time. Those shrimp were so good!


Crab Cakes Benedict! Sooooo good!!!

Yesterday I voted on my way to work & surprisingly I didn't have to wait but about 5 minutes so I had time for a Starbucks stop.

My first red cup of the season. I know it's lame but the red cup makes me happy. The skinny caramel latte was good too!

Toodles!



5 comments:

  1. I am going to have to try one of those Starbucks drinks. I love a good New York Peppermint as Cohen calls them. :) I know it is Thanksgiving first, but I LOVE this time of year and I associate November and December as Christmas season with a Thanksgiving meal in there. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter really likes that peppermint drink. But mmmm, the crab cakes benedict appeals more to me. Yum!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss seeing the little ones, we don't get any trick or treaters here BUT....now we have our GRANDDAUGTER and so we went to our daughter and SIL's and had the baby dressed in her ladybug costume. She was getting over walking pneumonia so we stayed in and she lOVED seeing all the kids come to the door. It was a FUN night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We didn't have any trick or treaters this time but I have noticed over the years things have really changed. The train ride looks like fun :o) Love Allie's costume...very clever! Have a great weekend!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Starbuck's drink looked yummy! I've been trying to create my own skinny versions of just about everything. Calorie-free Torani syrups are a staple for my coffee station!

    Too bad about the rude kiddos. It was completely the opposite here in our neighborhood. Everyone sits out in the driveways here, too. We had about a hundred kids of all ages, and I'd say at least 90% of them said "thank you." There are a lot of street parties and then the parents walk around their children and stop to chat, making it really a fun evening.

    I'm thinking that crab cakes benedict would be really good! Was it a typical hollandaise sauce? Anyway, sounds like you had an awesome birthday week or was it birthday month? Heehee!

    ReplyDelete