Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's Almost Over....

The weekend that is. I'm very sad. I don't want it to be over. Aside from a work week that promises to be worse than any I've ever experienced there's this thing called Isaac. Don't know if you've heard but it's a hurricane. UGH! Not good timing. Not that any time is good for a hurricane but this week is really not good. I think I've said before, I work at newspaper. You know those things that are thrown in your driveway & are becoming more extinct by the day? Yeh, well, a hurricane doesn't keep a newspaper from printing. Well, except for a few years ago when Gustav hit. That was bad. Anyway, I've always taken pride in the fact that I have never nor will I ever be considered "essential personnel" EXCEPT THIS WEEK. Seriously. My fear & apparently a pretty valid one if Dean telling me to "pack a bag" is any indication, is being stuck at work. If that happens you'll probably all hear me screaming.

Anyway, Friday night we had dinner with our friends that live down the street. We went to Superior Grill. It's Mexican. I noticed something on the menu that I thought was really weird.
See that part that says "OFF MENU ITEMS". Ummm, it's on the menu so how exactly is it off menu????

Have y'all ever ordered from drugstore.com? I ordered some tea bags.
The only place I can find the iced green tea bags in town is at Starbucks & They're $4.99 a box. Walmart has some of the other Tazo tea but not this one so I ordered it online. $3.99 a box & free shipping when you spend $25. The best part? I ordered it Wednesday & it was at my door Friday!

Saturday morning Dean left early to go to his parents. He was going crabbing with his dad. I declared Saturday my "Do Absolutely Nothing Productive" day. Since I'll be working next weekend & on my Labor Day holiday I needed a do nothing day. I started with this.
Have y'all seen it? I hadn't. My mom told me how good it was & I loved it. Of course I pretty much love anything that Kate & Anne are in. Well, except Batman. I don't like those type of movies.  After the movie I watched some of the other stuff on the DVR, House Hunters & Real Housewives of New Jersey. You know real mind numbing stuff. It was great! I also read a book. Yes, a whole book. Miracle on the 17th Green by James Patterson. No murder or kidnappings just a good story with a happy ending.  I also floated in the pool for a bit & decided that I needed to do something that resembled exercise since I did drink a margarita Friday night. I swam 30 laps which is 300 meters in our pool. I actually swam 30 straight without stopping. I usually swim 10, rest, swim 10,  rest & swim 10. 

Saturday night we went down the street to some friends for BBQ ribs. YUM! I've been wanting to try Skinny Girl White Cranberry Cosmo but I haven't seen it in any of the stores around here. I was at CVS the other day & there it was! They had all the different Skinny Girl stuff, even wine!
We tried it last night & everyone liked it. I've tried the margarita & sangria but I think the Cosmo is my fave. OK I'm going cry now since it's almost tomorrow.

Toodles!

5 comments:

  1. Oh no on being essential personnel at work this week. At least in a lot of cases the hurricane ends up going right and Baton Rouge ends up on the side of the hurricane that isn't nearly as bad. Even Katrina wasn't that bad for BR - Rita was worse for us.

    I've tried the Sangria but I haven't tried any of the others. I saw the wines at our grocery store but I didn't really want those but I do want to try the Margarita if I can ever find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope this week is easier than you expect! And I will be praying Isaac stays away and doesn't force you to evacuate! Although Chattanooga doesn't have hurricanes so you could come visit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am slowly preparing for the storm too, Traci. I hope it does not hit us. You should go to Red Door cause they have their Fall decor now, which I have not seen cause I went before they were out....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you all will be safe from Isaac! Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched Bride Wars for the first time last weekend! My thoughts are with you lady. Hoping Isaac is kind!

    ReplyDelete