Monday, August 17, 2009

The Worst Book Club Ever

My BFF Vicki encouraged me to start a blog. I'm by no means a writer but I'm going to try. It's basically just a chronicle of my life hence, the title.

I was "I Alone" for part of the weekend. Dean went out of town on a fishing trip. I made the most of my alone time because I knew I had a busy weekend planned. I did lots of reading, watching TV & facebooking! I did manage to get a little work done too. We're changing out the hinges on all of our doors. I did 2. That's right 2 HINGES, not 2 doors. The batteries went dead on the cordless screwdriver. At least I proved I could do it!

Friday night I had dinner with some of my good friends who happen to be the best neighbors ever, the GIllio's & the Mitchell's. We went to one of their favorite places, Schlitz & Giggles. It's a little pizza joing downtown with a great atmosphere. It's very casual & has big TV's all over. That was it for my Friday night because I knew I had to be up early.

The first thing on the agenda for Saturday was a haircut & hi-lite. I love getting my hair done. It's so relaxing & I love my Stylist, Heidi. I've known her forever & she always has a tidbit of info. After that I head to my parents house. My daddy (yes I call him daddy) boil shrimp & we had delicious shrimp salads! I stayed there for awhile before heading home to get ready for our Book Club (I use the term loosely but more on that later). By the time I got home I'd talked myself into a nap. When I woke up Dean was home! I was very excited because I always worry like a crazy person when he's gone. So off I went to Book Club. I stopped at Wendy's before to see her house. It's so cute!

Book Club was a lot of fun! Shout out to Allison for hosting. We had great food. I brought a shrimp dip that I made & is DELICIOUS if I do say so myself. I'm not a cook so I'm very proud of anything I make that I get compliments on. The Jennifers brought Canes, which is always fabulous! Allison made a great drink called Pink Panty Pulldown. It was strong but delicious! She also made meatballs & had melba toast & Laughing Cow cheese. This was my first experience with Laughing Cow. WOW that stuff is good. As you can see I like food! Wendy made a couple of cheesecakes so we'd have something sweet. Wendy started the Book Club, but it's really a book challenge. Our goal was to read 50 books this year. I'm happy to say I've already exceeded my goal. I've also learned that I read a lot of fluff. I like fluff. I did go completely outside my comfort zone & read the Twilight series. I really enjoyed them but I'm probably the only person on the face of the earth that has no desire to see any of the movies. Allison's little sister Andrea joined us. She's not in the book club but is always hilarious! She wasn't the only non member of the book club to show up. There was a possum in the driveway. Anyone who knows Allison knows that this is one of the worst possible things that could happen. She hates anything with beady eyes & a tail. Back to Andrea, at one point during book club we were discussing fantasy football & sports when Andrea declared this "The Worst Book Club Ever". It was hilarious but true! When Wendy commented that most of the books have discussion questions at the end of them she was booed! I guess it's really just an excuse for all of us to get together for a girls night! Wendy & I did decide to combine forces & have a team in Allison's Fantasy Football League. It sounds like they have a lot of fun. Now we have to come up with a name. Who knows how long that will take, it took like a week to come up with the blog name!

Sunday morning Dean & I went to see Samantha Claire be Baptized. Sam's dad is Dean's cousin & her mom has been my friend for years. I love Baptism ceremonies. It's such a special time. There were 2 other babies being Baptized as well & they all looked so peaceful. After the Baptism we went back to Sam's house for a reception in her honor. More great food! There were finger sandwiches (why is it that those little sandwiches taste so much better than a regular one?) & the most delicious cookies I've ever had. Sam's Aunt Kim made them. They were fabulous!

When we got home we planned to do yardwork but it was raining. What a bummer, I took a nap instead!!! Now back to work. The weekends go by too fast. I'm thinking about just staying home & doing nothing on the weekends & maybe it will seem like they last longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment