Saturday, August 22, 2009

Technical Difficulties - AGAIN!!!

This entry is coming to you from my "Tropical Paradise" aka my patio. It's a really nice evening & Dean & I are sitting here grilling, listening to music & watching the hummingbirds play. I'm having some wine that my friend brought me from France. It's DELICIOUS!! Unfortunately, I've also seen some lovebugs. Lovely! I hate those stupid little bugs. Not that I really like any bugs but I really hate those.

So for those of you that continue to read this blog you'll see that technical difficulties are a recurring theme in my life. Today, my nephew Logan was Baptized. Lydia's mom was having a reception for him at her house afterwards. Last night I made shrimp dip to bring. Most of you know I'm not a cook. Really that's an understatement but I can make shrimp dip & everyone that eats it compliments me. Anyway, when I finish making it I realize that I forgot to put the cocktail sauce on it. Now this is a MAJOR mistake. Well, the cocktail sauce goes on before the cheese, shrimp & bell peppers. I sat there with a fork & spoon & got all of that stuff off & added the cocktail sauce, then put everything back on & added more cheese so it would be pretty again. Taking off cheese, shrimp & bell pepper & putting it all back isn't really conducive to good "presentation". Besides, I don't think you can ever have too much cheese! There was hardly any left so I guess it tasted ok too.

Our normal Friday night routine is to go out to dinner. It's also normally a big thing to decide where we want to go. I guess this means we eat out to much. Last night was a pretty easy decision. We had gift cards from Bravo! that the Levy's gave us for Christmas that we hadn't used yet. Thanks Leslie - it was great!

Logan's Baptism was really nice. Lydia's cousin is a Deacon so we were able to have a private Baptism & he performed the ceremony. Logan wasn't the happiest camper but for the most part he coooperated. Isn't he just the cutest thing ever??



Logan's Nonk said he looked like Fats Domino, but we think he's much cuter!!

Tomorrow I'm going shopping with Allison. She's looking for bedroom furniture. She is one of the funniest people I know so it should really be entertaining.



I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment