Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What happened??

This morning when I was putting my contacts in I discovered this.
At first I thought it was just a crease or red mark but then after I got both contacts in & could actually see I discovered it's some sort of cut/scrape. I tried to cover it with makeup but as you can see that didn't work. Surprisingly, nobody at work has asked me about it. In person it's actually more noticeable than in the picture. It stings some too. Of course I guess that's what happens when something that's full of chemicals (makeup) enters an open wound. No, I haven't jumped on the Bare Minerals bandwagon. How did this happen you ask? I have no clue. I feel sure that if it was there last night when I took my contacts out I would've noticed. The only thing I can come up with is that I scratched/scraped/jabbed myself during the night. So weird.

I'm also noticing in this picture my under eye circles/dark spots. They're more noticeable than I thought. Don't ask what's up with my eyebrows either. I KNOW they're supposed to start over by the corner of my eye. Well, not by the corner of my eye but you're supposed to draw an imaginary line from the corner of your eye straight up & that's where they should start. Clearly, mine do not. I don't know how that happened either. I don't go crazy with the  tweezers (although if you would've been cleaning out my house the last couple of weeks you'd think so because we have more tweezers than 2 people should ever need in a lifetime & I swear I've never bought a pair!). Years ago & I do mean years ago I had very thick eyebrows, I had them waxed a few times & that was that. They haven't been the same since. Again, weird. I guess this is random enough for one day.

Toodles!

5 comments:

  1. Put a little neosporin on it and it will feel better...it's probably a lot less noticeable than you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is kinda weird. What is weirder, is that I have had cuts that looked exactly like that! And it's always on my face. I don't even notice I have it til I accidentally rub my finger on it and it starts to sting. Kinda feels like an open paper cut or something. Definitely weird.

    I have never had my eyebrows waxed although I think about it sometimes. I'm a plucking kinda gal cuz I'm too chicken to get them waxed, lol. One day! I hope your little cut starts to feel better and it goes away soon!

    ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had read this before I got mine waxed today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had cataracts taken off. I now have permanent implanted contact lenses.
    I know have 20/20 vision, After wearing glasses for 50 years!! Yes 50 years. Benefits of being 50 something.

    Pamela
    Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is weird!
    I have the dark circles, bad! They are hereditary. I also have the eyelid overhang. I will have to have them touched up after a while. I really dislike them because they age me too much. ://
    I never had my eyebrows waxed until about 5 years ago. Now I have to do it to avoid the animal control coming after me!

    ReplyDelete