Friday, January 20, 2012

Mortified

And tired. You may remember my post from one day this week when I talked about the annoying people at Yoglates. You know, the ones that annoy me?? Welllllll, Wednesday night I was on Facebook (it will get you in trouble) & Yoglates posted about how they were "going back to their roots with no cell phones & no talking". They've been doing this since the first of the year due to people thinking it's perfectly appropriate to text & have cell phones ringing during class. Several people commented on the greatness of it, blah, blah, blah. THEN I commented "it's a shame we can't stop people from leaving early". No biggie right? Just my opinion & the opinion of others because I've discussed it with several people. Not to mention the end is the best part because you're not working anymore, it's all good stretching & breathing, but anyway. Well, I'd forgotten all about it. When I got to Yoglates yesterday I thought maybe things were getting back to normal because there were only a couple other people there & I was able to get my back row spot. So the teacher , who I like very much, is walking across the room to turn on the heat (it was 70 degrees yesterday but you know this is hot Yoglates, ugh!) when she says to me "Traci, you don't like people leaving early huh?". I respond that I don't because it's distracting. She agrees & goes on to say how the end is an important part of the routine & how after working as hard as we do our bodies need a cool down, blah, blah, blah. That's when I notice that one of the girls in the studio is one of the ones that left early the day before. Oops. HOWEVER, she wasn't who I was talking about. I was talking about the 2 sorority girls that jammed themselves in between me & this other girl & then left in the middle of class. Back to yesterday & my big mouth, so I proceeded to get my hair all pinned up (you don't realize how much hair you have until you try to get it all off your face & neck) & I notice, much to my chagrin, that the girl that heard us had moved over by the door. OMG! I guess she heard us & knew she'd be leaving early. I was thinking at least she moved by the door because that wouldn't disturb anyone. End of story?? Of course not. I look up & she's about 2 feet away from me & she proceeds to start APOLOGIZING!! OMG OMG OMG!!! SOOOO FREAKIN' EMBARRASSED. She starts saying that she doesn't like when people leave early either but her little girl is at dance & she has to be there to pick her up. I assured her that I was talking about the 2 annoying sorority girls, even though it is annoying when people leave before & during the cool down. I did think enough to leave out the term "annoying sorority girls". The way my luck was going this girl was probably one. A Sorority girl not annoying. She was very nice. She agreed with me that they were rude & she couldn't believe how they just squeezed in & then left. So, what did I learn? Think before you post crap on Facebook & keep my trap shut. Ugh!

Toodles!

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! That is totally something that would happen to me!
    It is annoying when people leave class early - especially if you are trying to relax and they are moving their equipment and "stuff" all around your head - used to totally annoy me!
    But in recent years, I have learned the desperation of a mom trying to fit everything in her schedule, too!
    She was kind to move to the back of the room, but I blame the teacher. She shouldn't have said anything to you, but addressed the group nicely with something like, "of course we encourage you to stay until the end, but if you need to leave early, please find a spot near the door so as not to disturb those around you" - especially mean girls, like Traci! JUST KIDDING!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh! I totally should have warned you that FB was a drama trap.
    I have been bitten once or twice too.--- I hold my tongue quite a bit now!

    On a positive note, hope you had a great workout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh. Sounds like someone on FB needs to be defriended! JK! That is so not cool to call you out in class on your honest opinion. It is not ok to disturb everyone else when leaving class early. So this girl had a legit excuse for leaving early - lots of them don't and you are perfectly right to have your opinion and express it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart! I don't do facebook or any of those things. Goodness only knows how much trouble I would get myself into if I did, lol, with a mouth as big as mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, how embarrassing! FB kind of scares me from that standpoint. I'm really cautious about anything I say or repost. It never goes away once it is out there. Hey, now it sounds like you may have made a new friend in your class.

    Thanks for stopping by to see my pantry. Those 2x4's worked out so well. I used a lot of them on that shelf with all the canned goods. I think it took 4 or 5 in the very back. It's a big space between shelves...lol!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete