Friday, January 27, 2012

TGIF!!

WHOOP WHOOP!!! So excited it's Friday. No real reason, just glad that I have 2 days that don't require going to work. I forgot to do my Weigh In Wednesday post. I meant to do it yesterday but we were crazy busy at work. I lost 1 pound this week. I was only able to make it to Yoglates twice this week because of a work conflict. Yesterday was a tough class.

I've found a new love.


I've always been a "I don't eat Nese" person. You know Vietnamese, Chinese, Lebanese? I don't eat any of it. So, I've eaten hummus at my friends Cliff & Sheri's before & actually liked it. I've been looking for healthy snack options. There's only so many grapes a person can eat. I really like raw veggies, cauliflower, broccoli, bell peppers & carrots. YUM! BUT I like to dip them in something. Dip or salad dressing, something. All that stuff is so full of fat & calories & isn't the least bit good for you. Dean was going to Sam's after work yesterday so I emailed him & asked him to pick up some hummus. His response was "What kind?". Well, after a couple of emails & texts that went something like this - "the kind that's in a container that's about the size of the small Kool Whip container & the hummus is orangish colored", we determined that I wanted roasted bell pepper. They were out. Lucky for me because this classic stuff is AMAZING!!!!! I even put it on my wrap at lunch today instead of honey mustard salad dressing. For the same serving size (2 tbsp) the dressing is 130 calories & the hummus is 80. Plus the hummus has some healthy stuff in it. So, after some wikipediaing & googling with Wendy & Allison, we determined that hummus is Lebanese & not Greek so I do, in fact, eat Nese.
I'm currently sitting at my desk listening to my boss (who's great by the way) argue discuss politics. UGH!!! I'm not the least bit interested in anything affiliated with politics. Seriously, I get all info that I need from Facebook, Twitter & TMZ! Friday afternoons are a bit slow in the office so I'm going to read my book!
Toodles!

4 comments:

  1. I had to turn off the news & politics 4 years ago. It was making me tooooo anxious, stressed and worried.
    TMZ, ET, and such are fun - because you see how miserable all of the stars are, and it makes you feel like your life isn't so bad! LOL
    Congrats on the 1 pound!
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. email me on how you made that line through "argue." Think of all the snark I can write using the line-through-a-word. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hummus is good stuff! Now we need to branch out into the other Neses! Vietnamese is good stuff too. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live me some hummus, too! I buy the big container at Sam's and a big bag of pita chips and I am good to go!

    ReplyDelete