Thursday, January 19, 2012

Weigh In Thursday

So I realized that I skipped a weigh in last week. Easy to get out of the habit. I'm still at the 3 lbs gained from the holidays. Last week was my first week back into my Yoglates 3 times a week routine. I didn't have a good eating weekend. There was The Chimes Friday night, gumbo Saturday & Burgersmith Sunday. Today will be my 3rd day this week at Yoglates & it will also be 3 days in a row. It's not as tough as I was expecting. Last week I was incredibly sore. I missed the entire week before that. This week so far no soreness. I've also been wearing my handy dandy heart rate monitor.
It's great. It has the strap that goes around your chest so it's more accurate. I thought that it would bother me but it hasn't. Tuesday I burned 373 calories & yesterday 500. I knew yesterday would be more. It was a tough workout. Let me just say, I'm not a fan of plank runners or push press runners. I can't decide which I despise more. We started doing a lot of them last week. 4 sets of each, as many as you can do in 20 seconds with a 10 second break in between sets. It may not sound like much but you try it & see how you like it. This week it's 5 sets of each. Apparently, we're working our way up to 8 sets. Shoot me now.

I'm annoyed. Imagine that. All of these people with New Years resolutions to start working out, I'm ready for them to give up. It's cramping my style. Literally, cramping. Class is crammed full of people & there's no space to breathe. Not to mention when there are 75 people in a class the temp rises even more & it's hotter & more humid than usual. Yesterday, I couldn't get my usual back row spot because of all the people. THEN, people come to class late & squeeze in where there really isn't a spot. OK, fine, whatever. BUT, if you do that DO NOT LEAVE EARLY. I was really annoyed. Yes, sorority girls I'm talking to you! I know that exercising was my resolution last year but I started in Feb. after the initial rush was over & I didn't quit!!! YAY ME! Something else that annoyed me was the chick in full on Kim Kardashian makeup. She looked exactly the same after class as she did before class. How is that even possible??? I know I sweat like a man & most people don't BUT come on! Makeup was perfect & not a hair out of place & she was doing all the exercises. Some people are just too lucky. Happy Thursday!

I'm linking up to Liz's party.
SavvySeasons.com Water Diet Party


Toodles!

8 comments:

  1. I'm laughing at your description of the Kim K look-alike. :) haha!! Definitely not me when I've been working out!

    You will drop those 3 lbs soon! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwhahhahaa!

    Oh how I hate the gym in January! :) I wish I could still go, though, but I just cannot get there with working 2 jobs and running 2 boys around.
    I am just hanging on the treadmill at home. I MUST get some videos out or something!

    At least I ran this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...make up while working out...crazy!! My face is sweaty and red at the end! have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Tracy, I need to start working out. You are totally inspiring me. =) Thanks for linking up! Have a great weekend! xo ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep it up, Traci! Don't worry about the crown. It will probably be gone before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too funny! Just hang in there, most will lose interest!

    ReplyDelete