Thursday, March 4, 2010

Back In The Day

I had every intention of going to the LSU game tonight but it's cold. Not freezing cold but it will be when the sun goes down. Any other year I would be going & just bundling up but I've absolutely had it with this cold weather. I cannot deal with it anymore. Not to mention LSU is playing Pepperdine. You know from beautiful, sunny, southern California? Malibu to be exact. Why exactly aren't we playing there?? Back in the day of Skip Bertman coached teams they may come here to play but we'd be going there at some point too. Not anymore. Dean & I made a trip to Long Beach, CA (home to Snoop Dogg) in 2003. LSU was playing the "Dirt Bags" of Long Beach State. That was one of the best trips I've ever been on. After much badgering, Dean agreed to drive to Malibu one day. My friend Donna & I wanted to see stars. Unfortunately, none were to be seen. At one point I just wanted to know who lived in the beachfront mansions we were driving past. Dean, however, is not star struck & flat out refused to stop & let me ask the cop. He said he didn't want to be arrested for stalking. As if. We were driving down the Pacific Coast Highway doing nothing wrong. Surely if the can't arrest the papparazzi the wouldn't have found a reason to arrest us, but I digress. While in Malibu we stopped to see the Pepperdine baseball field. It was nothing special. Kind of a glorified high school stadium. There was one thing that made you forget that though - the most fabulous view of the Pacific Ocean! Yep, look over the outfield wall & you saw the water. It was GORGEOUS!!! I have pictures but that was before the days of digital cameras & I haven't figured out how to work the new fancy all in one printer, scanner, fax, copier that we have. It's a year old now so I guess it's time to figure it out huh? Anyway, I'm home inside, on the sofa, under a blanket watching TV. Here's a picture of Pepperdine I found on their website.



Speaking of TV. Tonight is the season finale of Real Housewives of OC. I hate that the season is over already but replacing it is Real Housewives of NY. Based on different things I've read, a lot has happened between seasons & it should be great. I have the DVR set. Being the mawmaw that I am, there's no way I can stay up & watch until 11:00.

Yesterday, I commented on how I've been cutting back on my eating & doing really well this week. Well, tonight, not so much. I realized that we really didn't have anything in the house to eat. There wouldn't be time to cook since Dean is going to the game. I've been wanting one of my old favorites, Arby's!! I love Arby's but I don't go often. It reminds me of "back in the day". Baton Rouge didn't have an Arby's but all other SEC cities did. Every baseball road trip I went on we had had had to eat at Arby's! Weird I know. They have the best curly fries & I love their chocolate shake & roast beef sandwich. Of course you can't forget the Arby's sauce. Not to be confused with "horsey" sauce! There's a story there but I don't remember what it was. Anyway, it's not the same without the sauce. One thing has changed thought, the price. I'm pretty sure you could get a combo meal with a really big Dr. Pepper for like $5. It was $15 for Dean & I to eat!!

Later!

1 comment: