Thursday, February 11, 2010

When will spring get here???

The week has just gone downhill after the Saints won the Superbowl. It's been cold, it rained & now it's sleeting & there's a possibility of snow tonight & tomorrow. Any other time I'd be excited about snow but I work for the newspaper & like the mail people, the newspaper doesn't close for weather issues. Well, except maybe a day for a hurricane. It's so depressing. When the weather was like this in Dec. & Jan. I had the cruise & tropical weather to look forward to. I have NOTHING now. UGGGHHHHHH! It's the perfect weather to lay on the sofa with my electric throw & a good book. I'm hoping for like 4 or 5 inches of snow. If that happens I may not have to go to work because I'm not essential personnel & that much snow would create chaos here. Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

Speaking of the weather, the college baseball season starts next week. The weather NEEDS to get better. My days of sitting at the LSU games in rain, sleet & yes, even snow, albeit a few flurries, but snow none the less, are OVER. Yes, that was a ridiculously long & I'm sure grammatically incorrect sentence. I've become very particular on when I can go to the games. It can't be too cold & it can't be too hot. Kinda like Brett Laxton in the '90s not being able to pitch unless the weather was perfect. I digress, the weather MUST MUST MUST get better because it's making me cranky.

Has anyone seen the movie Couples Retreat? In an earlier post I talked about my extreme dislike for Vince Vaughn. I vowed that I wouldn't watch another of his movies. Well, we got a coupon in the mail the other day from Directv that we can order it free from Pay Per View. I just don't know if it's worth my time.

See, it's been a really slow, boring week.

Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment