Monday, February 8, 2010

We Got Crunk!!!

Black & Gold has WON the SUPERBOWL!!!!! Who Dat? and all that jazz! I honestly never thought I would see this day. So much so, that I never even thought about it really! I remember after a couple of games my brother saying "Black & Gold Superbowl" & I was like "yeh right whatever". It was sooooo much fun & it's crazy in South Louisiana now!

I thought this was one of the greatest pictures from the Superbowl.


Imagine how Drew's son is going to feel 15 yrs. from now looking at some of these pictures!

Yesterday, I taught Sunday School. My plan was to come home & nap the afternoon away so that I'd be able to stay up & watch the game & all the postgame festivities & still be able to function today at work. Ahhh, the best laid plans! Things didn't work out. By the time I got home from Mass, ate lunch & changed clothes, I managed to lay down for about 30 mins. before it was time to go to the party. Then off we went! Here's Amelia-Ann, Me & Mackenzie before kick off.


The back of my shirt says "We Do"! Too cute I thought!

We had a "Kickoff Champagne Toast"


That's a blackberry to make it a "black & gold toast"!!

We had a great time watching the game. Aside from winning, it was really a good game to watch. Unlike a lot of Louisianians, I've always been a Peyton fan & I thought I would feel bad about not pulling for him but I didn't! This was the 2 minute warning.


Everyone was a bit nervous. Hey Allison, notice the guy standing on a bar stool!!!!

Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures. I was using my phone. I'd forgotten my good camera at home & there was no time to go get it. I didn't want to miss the game & I didn't want to miss the commercials. I guess I should've gone at half time & missed The Who. Who cares abut them?? When the game was over we just hung out & watched all the postgame stuff & had our own little "dance party". We got crunk & had a blast! This is Amelia-Ann & Mackenzie. Mackenzie made THE BEST king cake I've ever tasted!!!!


The girls even pulled out glow sticks!!


I thought it was cool the way the colors showed up!

Toodles!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yea, I think that picture of Drew and his son is the BEST picture EVER!

    ReplyDelete