Friday, February 10, 2017


Really happy it's Friday. That also means we're one week closer to tax season being over & having our early Friday's back. I HATE working until 5:00. Traffic is awful all of the time but leaving at 5:00 just makes it worse. When I worked at The Advocate I worked until 4:30. I had no idea just how much of a difference that 30 minutes makes with traffic. Tuesday it took 55 minutes for me to get home. Twice as long as it should. Last night I had to pick up race packets for the Mardi Gras Mambo Saturday. That meant I went home a different way. All that did was solidify that it's NOT the way to go home. 2 trains at the SAME intersection less than a minute apart. I don't understand how that's even possible. 

Speaking of the Mardi Gras Mambo, I got an email from them saying that because I've been a past participant for several years I'm a VIP. HA! What exactly does that entail? VIP packet pickup last night with snacks & wine. Of course it just happened to be at our local Fleet Feet where there were sales going on so basically being a VIP cost me $50 because I bought a couple of running tops. I can assure you this will be the only time I'm ever a VIP for any sort of race. Or probably anything else for that matter. 

The Mardi Gras Mambo has a 10K and a 15K. I'm running the 15K so I needed to do a longish run last weekend.

I did 8 miles Sunday morning. 

Sunday evening we went down the street to a Super Bowl party.

Can you tell who we were pulling for? We have a friend that is a coach for the Falcons. They lived across the street from us when he was a coach at LSU. 

 There were around 50 people there & each family brought something. There was a TON of food. 

This was my favorite. It was just your basic yellow cake with butter cream icing decorated for Mardi Gras. I could eat butter cream straight out of a bowl. LOVE IT!

I didn't even set my clock to get up Monday morning to run because it was a later than normal Sunday night. 

Monday night I woke up practically every hour so I turned the alarm off. 
Finally, Wednesday morning I got up & ran. At 4:30 it was only 70 degrees with 90% humidity. So ridiculous. This weather is crazy.

Last Thursday the owner of the body shop called Dean - that was a first - he told Dean "the plan" was to paint my car Monday & he "hopes" to have us pick it up Thursday. Guess what??? Today's Friday, a week later & I do not have my car. I'm not the least bit surprised. That whole "hope" thing doesn't exactly fill you with confidence in what he's telling you. I'm so over it.


No comments:

Post a Comment