Friday, January 22, 2016

Last Weekend

Friday night we went to Confirmation for my Godchild/cousin, Brendan. 

Scott is Brendan's Godfather. 




My parents with Brendan, Brooke, Dylan. They're brothers & sisters & Logan because nobody's taking a picture without him!


The Bishop does all the Confirmations in our Diocese. 

Saturday night out crew hosted an engagement party for Alexandra & Travis. Alexandra is the first kid of our 3900 Krewe & More to get engaged.


Me, Cindy & Jackie. The party was at Jackie's. We had tables set up in her outdoor patio.


I thought Cindy's cheese & fruit trays were so pretty!




We used a pirogue for the beer & water.



If you need flowers, Trader Joe's is the place to go. I went over there a few weeks ago & talked to the girl that's in charge of their flowers & told her that I was going to need white flowers & the date I needed them. She said she'd order extras. When I got there Saturday morning she'd pulled a bunch of white flowers & bouquets & had them in water at the service desk. I was able to look through them, pick what I want & buy them. It was so easy! Much less expensive than using a florist too.


Jeff, Brad, Cindy, Dawn & Suzy - all hosts. 


The main course was pastalaya, salad & rolls. It was delicious. Also, the perfect meal for me since I was running the Half the next day.


It's Carnival season so we had to have a king cake It was delicious! There was a red velvet bundt cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes & a sheet cake from Sam's that was my favorite!! Love butter cream icing! We had adorable custom made styrofoam cups with Alexandra & Travis names & wedding date on one side & their hashtag on the other. 

I'd made the decision that my exit time was 9:00. I had a 4:30 wake up the next morning. I needed some sleep. I didn't drink one drop of alcohol & about 45 bottles of water. Once I got home & in bed I couldn't go to sleep right away because of the music coming from the party!! Nothing like trying to sleep with Beat It playing. The party went on until 1:00 am. This ought to be some wedding!

Have a great weekend!

Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness my mouth is watering! The food sounds delicious and the party sounds like a lot of fun! Love the pirogue!! :D

    ReplyDelete