Wednesday, January 6, 2016

2016

Our office closed at noon on New Year's Eve. That was exciting! In case you haven't noticed I'm all about not being at work. It's just not my favorite thing. Knowing that tax season is quickly approaching which means no more early Friday's is also not one of my favorite things. Thank goodness it's only 3 months before we get early Friday's back. 

We hung out with our group of neighbor friends New Years Eve & ate & watched football. Why can't Alabama lose when it matters??? Needless to say we'll be cheering for Dabo & the other Tigers Monday night. 

I got a lot of my Christmas decorations picked up on New Year's Day & I also laid around & napped. We ate at Caliente that night. It had been 2 weeks & I missed it. 

My first run of 2016 was Saturday morning. The plan was to run at the lakes with my brother & sister-in-law. When I say run with my brother I mean we start at the same place & at the same time but I don't see him again until we're finished. Unless of course we cross paths going the opposite directions of each other. Logan woke up with an earache so Lydia brought him to the Doctor & I ran by myself. I'm used to it but I wish I had someone to run with me regularly. It's just more fun. 





Slower than I wanted. It's officially cold here too. It was in the 40's when I started. I crossed paths with my brother. I'd ran 8.2 miles & he'd ran 11. When I finished he was still there. Come to find out he'd ran 17.5 mi. He's training for his first full marathon. 

The Louisiana Marathon is less than 2 weeks away. I'm registered for the 5K on Saturday & the Half Marathon on Sunday. Did I mention my Godchild's Confirmation is that Friday night & the engagement party we're hosting is Saturday night. Not even close to an ideal situation. Friday night & Saturday morning I'm not worried about. I'm worried about not getting enough sleep Saturday night. One of my favorite Priest is running the full marathon & he's going to do a 26.2 minute Mass at 6:00 am before the race at the Church that's only steps away from the starting line. I definitely want to go to that so it's looking like a really early morning.  

After Mass Saturday we ate at a newish place, Canefield Tavern. I'd been wanting their shrimp remoulade wedge salad. I was not amused when it came out.



What. The. Hell? Tails on the shrimp in a SALAD????!!! Sadly, this is not a new concept. This is actually the second time in about a month that this has happened. For SOME REASON people think this is ok. Well, let me tell you IT'S NOT! Salad is NOT a finger food. If I have to use my fingers, it needs to be a finger food. So there I am in the restaurant rummaging around in my salad to take the tails off so I can eat it. Did I mention I've had to do this TWICE recently? Sure, I could use a knife to cut the tail off but then I still have to use my finger to pick the tail out of the salad. Plus, if you cut it off you don't get all of the shrimp. In case I haven't mentioned before, I don't like to work for my food. The only thing worse than tails on shrimp in a salad is tails on shrimp on a poboy. YES, I've had that. You have to take the whole poboy apart. Ridiculous! Other than that the salad was good. 

It's that time of year again.


All things King Cake are back! So far I've only bought the K-Cups. I've seen a FB reminder about a King Cake shake & King Cake Cheesecake. I'm trying to refrain on eating all of it because I enjoyed food a little too much during the holidays. Now, the cheesecake will happen. Maybe it'll be my after the Half Marathon treat.  

Sunday we went to the movies & saw The Big Short. It was so interesting. I really liked it. 

My plan was to take Monday off & get up Tuesday & run.Well when I saw the forecast I decided to run after work Monday.


I forgot to charge my watch so I had to use my phone. I also tracked with my Vivofit & I was surprised at how accurate the distance was. Good to know. 

I made a really good decision about running after work. When I got up Tuesday morning to do a weight workout the temp was 32 with a wind chill of 26. Yikes! 



Today I did not get out of bed to run like I was planning. I haven't been sleeping good. Mostly it's during the week. My Vivo shows that I get an average of about 2.5 hours of deep sleep a night. On the weekends it more than doubles. I don't have a problem falling asleep at all. It's staying asleep that's giving me fits. So, the plan is to run after work today. We have a lot of rain in the forecast for the next few days so I need to get it done while I can. 

How's your New Year going?

Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. Boo to tax season approaching! I turned in my notice last week and just have 2-ish weeks left at my job! I'm starting the new one on 1/25. It's terrifying and exciting at the same time. You have done awesome with your runs! Maybe your excitement and adrenaline will help with the early morning on the half day!

    ReplyDelete