Monday, January 13, 2014

Weekend in pics

It was our last Friday that the office closed at 2:00 until April 15th. sigh. It's a bummer but it's only for 3 months. I took advantage & got my hair done. Cut & low lights and a little hibiscus tea
and a little champs!
Funny story, an "older" lady came in & when she was asked if she wanted coffee or tea she responded with "Lord no, I've got a good Champagne buzz going." Y'all, it was 4:00. Her stylist asked if she wanted champagne & she answered "now you're talking" so she asked the others that were there if we wanted any. I'll never turn down champs!

Have y'all heard of these?
I swear it's a miracle brush! I have a lot of hair but it's very fine so it tangles. A LOT. I always thought it was because it was dry but Alexy the stylist says no. She used this brush & it worked great so I bought one. I used it this morning & it worked way better than my big comb that I've been using for years. In keeping with the "I think I have adult ADD" theme I left the brush in the bag at the front desk while I went to take off the smock & I proceeded to walk right out the door, get in my car & get 3/4 of the way home when I remembered that I left my brush. Ugh. I went & got it Saturday.

What I worked so hard for!
Dean put my sticker on Saturday. I've had it since the race but it was always cold or raining & when it wasn't we'd forget.
Another view of it. HA! Also, something we did Saturday that wasn't on the to do list?? Kill a snake. This is starting to get old. We've killed more snakes since we've lived in this house than I've ever seen in my entire life. I was cleaning out the closet & I had some stuff to put in the trash so I went to put it in the outside can & as I turned around to go back in the house I saw the little monster staring at me from behind my car. What is it with these animals that they stare into my soul?? It started slithering under my car. This may sound ridiculous but he seemed to be injured. He had a funny, gimp slither. Almost like a limp. So I don't want to lose sight of him because he needs to be dead. So I start hollering for Dean. Nothing. I go on the patio by the pool & holler while jumping up & down waving my hands in the air (like I just don't care) hoping to get his attention. No luck so I ran to the back door & hollered there's a snake.  Have I mentioned that Dean is calm & mild mannered? Yeh, the exact opposite of me. He began to what can only be described as moseying to the door & said "huh, I thought it was too cold". I went back to my spot so I could keep an eye on Mr. Gimp. It's like he knew exactly where to go so that we couldn't get to him. Under the car up against the back, drivers side tire. Seriously. Dean got the shovel & he stood behind my car with the above view, while I was in front of the car. We stood there a good 5 minutes just staring trying to figure out what to do. I even had a broom & poked him a couple of times (from a distance that wasn't quite far enough away for my liking). He didn't move much. We decide to try what we've tried before that didn't work. Running over him with the car. It terrifies me to get in the car with the snake being that close. I have this fear that all of a sudden he's going to jump in the car with me. I jumped in & closed the door really quick. All I had to do was back straight up & I'd get him. Score! Except that after Dean watched the front tire roll right over him the snake was gone. Vamoosh! No snake. He was like Houdini. He then appeared on the other side of the car, ALIVE. Seriously, I don't know how much my car weighs but I'm pretty sure it's in the tons & if that doesn't kill a snake we're in a world of trouble. It's time like these when I think maybe I could be on a reality TV show. One that really is unscripted reality. So Dean killed it with the shovel & disposed of it in the ditch behind our house. This is becoming such a regular occurrence I didn't even take a picture. I went back to working on the closet.

Speaking of the closet. No pics because I'm not finished but it looks sooooo good! I have 2 shelves that I still need to go through. It's a lot of t-shirts & I think it's time that I actually part with some. I got tired of working & it was time for the Saints game so that's why it's not finished. Let me tell you, those Saints really messed things up for me. I didn't finish the closet because they were playing & I didn't go to Mass Saturday because they were playing. Then they went & lost. So, I went to Mass Sunday morning, did our grocery shopping & then went for my long run. Well, it was 9:30 by that time & in the 50's & sunny. Not good for my run. I wanted to go 11-12 miles. I ran out of water around mile 7. That never happens but I was hot, I had capri's on & I should've had shorts, around mile 8 there was a rock in my shoe. Have I mentioned that I was hot. Finally, I didn't feel like I could go anymore.
9.5 miles isn't bad but when I wanted to go a minimum of 11 it's not good. My race is Sunday. I'm nervous. 10 mi. is the furthest I've ran since the last race. I do think I'll do better than yesterday because the race starts at 7:00 so it will be cooler & they have water every mile. I did some good stretching & foam rolling when I finished & managed to eat good the rest of the day.
Scrambled eggs with green onions, feta, tomatoes, avocado & spinach was delish! I'll definitely make this again but throw in more veggies & mushrooms.

How was y'alls weekend?

Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY. SNAKE!!!!! Cohen touched one yesterday at his party at the zoo! I about died. He loved it! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snakes are one thing I can't handle. I scream at mice but they don't really scare me, they startle me. Snakes freak me out and give me nightmares. This post may give me nightmares!

    Congrats on the running, you are a rock star!

    ReplyDelete