Monday, October 28, 2013

8

Yes, I'm back to numbers. I did ZERO running last week because of the hell that was the stomach virus. I've already mentioned it was awful. I lost 6.5 pounds. Yeh, happy about that but so not the way I would've like to lose it.

Saturday was a great mail day!
Happy early birthday to me! After lots of research (more by Dean then me), we decided the 110 was what I needed. I only wish the entire watch were pink or green or purple. I was responsible & didn't get carried away spending $100 extra for a cool color with features I didn't need. This watch has everything I need. It has a heart rate monitor, shows calories burned, GPS, pace & all that jazz. It's like I'm a real runner now! I also had a really cool pair of hot pink compression socks in the mail too! Love them! They are so comfortable! They are also warm. I may have to order some more colors to wear in the winter to work because my office is like the North Pole.

I planned to run Sunday because I knew we'd be out a little later than normal Friday night & I didn't want to have to set an alarm. My training plan said to run 8 miles. I didn't think it would happen. I still didn't feel like I had my strength back & I didn't feel like myself until Saturday evening. My plan was to run 5 & if I wasn't dead to run/walk or walk the last 3. Well, when I got to 5 I told myself I could go 1 more mile. When I got to 6 I told myself I could do 2 more. I mean what's 2 when you've done 6?? I did it. I ran the entire 8 mi. & it wasn't awful. The last 3/4 of a mi. was rough but I've figured out that it doesn't matter if I'm running 2 or 7. The end is really hard because I know I'm almost finished. It also didn't help that I ran out of water early because I somehow managed to spill some from my no spill water bottle. Have you ever tried to text & run? That was me as I was approaching a friends house I was asking for water. Sadly, her phone was on silent so I was out of luck. It was in the upper 50's so it wasn't like I was on the verge of dehydrating or anything.

I wore my watch! Y'all this thing is sooo easy to set up. I've mentioned that I hate reading directions. I wasn't looking forward to trying to figure this thing out. It was super super easy. Way easier than the Timex watch I used to wear. I thought that I deleted all my run info but as it turned out I just wasn't looking in the correct place.
It's really cool to be able to look at your watch & see how fast you're running & how far you've ran all at the same time without having to press buttons. When I finished the run I stretched, foam rolled & sat in an ice bath aka my pool. Good Lord it was cold! It made me legs feel good though. I even managed to refrain from taking a nap. Usually, that's my reward for a long run.

Since it's finally cooling off I managed to put my fall wreaths up.
I see that I managed to cut off part of each wreath in the picture. Oh well, you get the idea.

Happy fall y'all!!

Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your run!! So glad you are feeling better too. I think that is the same watch I have. I really like it. I get cleared from the doc tomorrow and have to start some sort of training. I want to but I am SO out of running shape! It is going to stink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wreath's, and Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete