Thursday, February 28, 2013

Nese Please????

I'm sure you've heard me say I don't eat Nese. You know - Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Lebanese. No Nese. It mainly started with the rumor that the Chinese eat dogs & I just can't seem to get past it. Then I had hibachi at Disney because the other 17 people in the group wanted it. I wasn't a fan. I don't find that it's seasoned at all. Anyway, this brings me to today's discovery. I can't even believe I'm going to admit this. Today for lunch I had a Chicken Shawarma salad.
SHOCKING I know!! What's more shocking?? It was soooo good! I bet you're wondering how this came about. One of the guys that works with me wanted to do something for me & my co-worker so he said he was bringing in lunch for us. I agreed to it because I wasn't going to say "Oh I don't like that bring something else". It's not bad in calories either. It's 403 calories & it was a HUGE salad. I didn't eat all of it. He got it at Albasha which according to a friend is the best of the best in Greek/Lebanese food in Baton Rouge. The hummus was delicious! Way better than anything you buy at the grocery store. I wonder if I can go buy like a pint of it to have for snacks??  I only ate a little bit of it & I had 1 pita.  Pretty healthy lunch I think. She also said that Greek & Lebanese is basically the same thing so maybe I can still claim not to eat Nese but say that I do eat Greek???  The only problem is I feel like I smell like a giant clove of garlic.  I guess I don't have to worry about vampires.

Yesterday's workout - 3.1 mi. run
Today's workout - Yoglates

Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. u go girl on your workouts!!! - i'm back on Whole30 and the tredmill and some home yoga :o)

    i LOVVVVVE hibachi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, so while I've been on hiatus, you have become a roller-wearing nese-eating cook!! :) I dont even understand the rules of cooking, but I have been wanting to cook more latley too. Your hair looks so good! Mine is shameful, I am over due. Interestingly enough, someone told me to get some of those rollers. Give me some specifics....dry hair? wet hair? blow drier needed? spray before?

    ReplyDelete