Thursday, January 10, 2013

A New Year

I haven't done a post about goals or resolutions like everyone else has. Basically, because I haven't thought about it. I just haven't felt like it. I wanted to get well. Well, I'm not there yet but I'm closer than I was. I guess maybe the steroids are starting to work. Maybe. It's a good thing I'm not an athlete because I would certainly fail the whole Performance Enhancing Drug test. Which leads me to a thought I've had the last couple of weeks. I can assure you my performance hasn't been enhanced in the least. In fact, I've done NOTHING productive. Now, I can lay on the sofa & read, watch Real Housewives & nap with the best of them but performance enhancing? Nope. Anyway, last year I succeeded in finishing Couch 2 5K again & ran 2-3 times a week the entire year with the exception of the last few weeks of December. I also continued with Yoglates 2-3 times a week. I plan to start back up with both of those as soon as I'm well. I also actually followed through & read a One Year Chronological Bible. The whole thing. I honestly wasn't sure I was going to do it. Some days it was interesting, some days (the old testament) not so much. But I did it!

I saw this on Facebook last week.

I like to think that I'm not a complainer. At least not normally. Granted, I've done A LOT of complaining the last 6 months. I'm the first to admit that.  Between work, annoying people & being sick, it hasn't been my finest hour. I'm going to try & do better. I can't change people & I've done a little job research & what I've seen means I'll be staying where I am. Complaining isn't going to change anything. So, I guess that's my biggest goal!  Not to mention the very long house to do list I have going. Sadly, I think that's a never ending list.

Today I get my stitches out. Definitely something to be thankful for!

Toodles!

6 comments:

  1. I need to work on not complaining too!!! I get so caught up sometimes in things that I don't see all the good things. :) I hope you are feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl sometimes just laying on the couch and watching reality tv is what you need to do - don't beat urself up for it - you'll get back to where you wanna be in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried to remain positive myself...I think that things could be much worse...feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always good to have a reminder when we get too overwhelmed with life. I just posted something of the same nature. I'm not normally a complainer either but it seems like lately I am doing more of it than I should.

    Hang in there and good to hear the stitches are coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that quote. Definitely hits straight to the heart. We take everything for granted!! Thanks for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're feeling better! I too often think the "grass is greener" somewhere else?! Fortunately, I have a husband who reminds me of all our blessings. I find it helps to have some of the quotes like the one you posted IN MY FACE daily :)

    ReplyDelete