Thursday, September 8, 2011

Weigh In Thursday

I didn't have time to blog yesterday. I gained a pound this week. No surprise there. We ate & drank in Dallas.  There was BBQ & lots of Mexican food. I even indulged in a 3 Musketeers on the way home. There aren't a lot of healthy snacks at the convenience store in the middle of nowhere. (They didn't even sell lottery tickets). I do get credit because all they had was a 2 pack of full size bars & I only ate 1. Yay me! Small victories people.

I've done well with my exercising this week. Tuesday & Wednesday I went to Yogalates & I'm going again this afternoon. Yesterday morning I got up at 5:00 when Dean got up & I went for my run. It was Day 2 of Week 4 of C25K. We've been having great weather this week. It's been in the 50's in the mornings. It was so great to run & not feel like I was suffocating because of the temp & humidity. This week is alternating 3 & 5 minute runs. 5 minutes is hard. 3 minutes was hard last week so I'm hoping by tomorrow 5 will be easier. I'm planning to do another 5 am run in the morning.  Next week each day is different & the week ends with a 20 min. run. I'm nervous just thinking about it.

Between the exercise & the weight loss I seem to have much more energy than I did before. I was out the door a little after 6:30 this morning & was able to run by the grocery store & pick up some things before going to work. 

I'm having my CT scan Friday afternoon. I'm not thrilled about this because they put an IV in so that they can put some contrast something or other in. I've said before, not a fan of needles when veins are involved. Another issue with the scan is that because of this contrast stuff I have to fast for 3 hours prior to the test. They said it can make me sick if I've eaten. I can handle the no food. A lot of the time I don't eat an afternoon snack. The test is at 2:30 so I'll just have to eat an early lunch. The problem comes in with the no drink part. That's going to be awful. I ALWAYS have a drink. These days it's water most of the time. I'm going to have to hide my cup so I don't accidentally fix a drink. I'm already planning to reward myself with a Sonic Dr. Pepper after the test.  Which, incidentally, brings me to another issue. There's an ugly rumor going around that Sonic is doing away with their styrofoam cups. NOT GOOD SONIC!!!  Apparently, in the Baton Rouge area they've already started this. At one location you can request a styrofoam cup but I don't know if that's forever or just until they run out of cups. I'll find out more Friday & report back.

I just had a wonderful surprise! Wendy brought me a green tea from Starbucks. She's working a later schedule today so she stopped on her way in. THANKS WENDY!!! You read my mind!! The only thing that would make this stuff better is a styrofoam cup.

That's all for now, not much happening this week.

Toodles!

6 comments:

  1. When I got to the 8 minute run, I didn't think I could do it. But, I did. Then, when I got to the 20 minute run, I didn't think I could do it. But, I did. You just might surprise yourself. That's why the C25K program is great. It builds your muscles, so you CAN do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci I've had two CT scans and they are not that bad at all. The IV is the small size. It's not the usual honking big ones that you get for surgery. The dye makes you kind of light headed but it passes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Gonzales Sonic still had the styrofoam cups a couple of weeks ago. Green Tea would be good in that sort of cup. With Sonic ice would be perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to try Yogalates. What do you think of it? Hope all goes well with your CT scan!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your ct scan is all ok, keep us posted.
    As far as the sonic rumor, it must be true. I have had a chocolate milk shake from there twice recently (shhh, don't tell anyone) and it was not in a styrofoam cup, and was melted before they got it to me! I don't like the cups they are using, and will probably tell them when I go back!
    And YUM on those fresh shrimp! And being de-headed already, wow! That is the only thing I don't like about buying them. You must have wonderful inlaws! Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had not heard that rumor about Sonic! I LOVE the cups - you know McDonalds is the same way here, though - you must request the styro. Boo!

    ReplyDelete