Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"A Crock Pot Revolution!"

That would be a direct quote from my friend Allison!! A couple of weeks ago I talked about how we went to Sam's & only bought food which is unusual for us. Well, I remembered that we didn't just buy food. We bought this.
It's 6 quarts & also came with a "little dipper" & a carrying case. All for $40. Can't beat that. This was around the time that I was seeing crock pot stuff all over Facebook & my friend Allison had cooked several things in hers & raved about how good & easy it wa. Being that I'm not a cook & need all the help/easy recipes I can get I decided to try it. Today was the day. My first crock pot venture was a roast. This is what it looked like before I turned it on this morning.
Not real appetizing but you get the idea. This is the finished product at 6:00 when I got home from Yoglates.
It's really hard to take a picture of meat. Anyway, it turned out DELICIOUS!!! I made rice to go with it. That in itself is no small feat. Yes, I used a rice cooker but I've been known to screw that up. Not this time though! I made an entire meal & it was good!!! Roast, rice & gravy & green beans. They greatest part about this is that it took hardly any time at all! The roast was so tender it was falling apart. It would be great to make a BBQ beef sandwich with.

Here's the recipe:

2-3 lb. Roast
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix (the dry mix)
1 packet Italian dressing mix (the dry mix)
1 packet Brown Gravy mix
1 cup of water

Place the roast in the crock pot
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl then pour it over the roast
Pour water around the roast. Do not pour over the roast.
Cook on low 8-10 hrs.

I cooked mine for 10 hrs. & then it switched to warm for an hour.

Toodles!

7 comments:

  1. Even though your brother HATES it when I cook in the crockpot, I'll have to try out your receipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Let's get you on the food network immediately! :) It is amazing how you can throw stuff in a pot and have it some out so lovely, with no effort! I saw that on Facebook, too, but haven't joined yet. Maybe I will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks good! I LOVE my crock pot! It is a necessity in my kitchen. Great for creating delicious meals with minimal effort (which I'm always a fan of!). I've heard of a lot of people using the dressing mix packets now and making really yummy things with them. I'm going to start having to try those in my recipes. I bet it adds tons of flavor!

    ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks good! I LOVE my crock pot! It is a necessity in my kitchen. Great for creating delicious meals with minimal effort (which I'm always a fan of!). I've heard of a lot of people using the dressing mix packets now and making really yummy things with them. I'm going to start having to try those in my recipes. I bet it adds tons of flavor!

    ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love slow cooker recipes, thanks!..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM!!! I've been trying to use my crock pot more, roasts are the best. I just "liked" crock pot girls on fb for a ton of recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE my crock pot and use it all the time!! this sounds like a perfect recipe.

    ReplyDelete