Sunday, May 22, 2011

Back to Reality....

Once again, it's Sunday night. Not just any Sunday night. Sunday night at the end of vacation. I have to go back to work tomorrow. Such a bummer. We had a great vacation. We spent an afternoon at the outlet mall in Foley, AL. Dean bought 2 pair of shoes & I didn't buy any. I was disturbed by that. I also bought some work out shorts, tanks & sports bras. I spent more money at the Reebok store than I did anywhere else. That was also disturbing.

The beach was so relaxing. We had cool but beautiful weather. Of course the day we left it was much warmer but that's ok. We were able to walk to several restaurants & the condo is right next to the Flora-Bama. We went there one night for Bushwackers & people watching. I think we may have talked to Taylor Swift. This chick looked JUST LIKE HER. Dean said it wasn't her because he didn't think Taylor would be drinking a Bud Light. I don't know about that but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have been saying "you all" which she said several times. Afterwards, I started thinking about it & maybe she was trying to be incognito. I guess I'll never know. Well, unless TMZ shows a pic of her at the Flora-Bama!!!

This bird was freaking me out. He kept wandering around & wasn't the least bit scared of people. Y'all know how I feel about birds.
We went to Orange Beach, AL & stayed in a condo at the Phoenix X. We've stayed here a couple of times before & really like it.  This was the view from our balcony.
I couldn't believe how calm the water was the first couple of days we were there. Normally, we can hear the waves crashing from our room but not this time. It got a little rougher later in the week.
We got home Thursday afternoon. Friday, we went & saw Bridesmaids. I convinced Dean that it wasn't a chick flick & he'd enjoy it. Yeh, well not so much. The thing is, I didn't really enjoy it that much. Don't get me wrong there were funny parts but I'm not a fan of bathroom humor. So while everyone else in the theater was carrying on like they've never seen anything funnier I was trying not to gag & had my eyes closed. Apparently, I'm alone in this opinion because several of my friends saw it & loved it. I just don't get it.

Yesterday we had a graduation party to go to for our neighbor, Alexandra. She graduated from high school today & will be going to LSU. The party was fun & as usual there was great food. I ate some of the best potato salad I've ever had. I was even asked to make banana pudding & I did & it went off without a hitch. Those that have been reading for awhile know that cooking isn't my strong suit. Well, who am I trying to fool, putting ingredients together that doesn't require cooking isn't my strong suit either. BUT, judging from the very small amount of the DOUBLE recipe I made that was left, it must have been pretty good. Unless, people put it on their plate thinking it was going to be good & then didn't like it. Hmmm. That's highly possible too. Oh well, several people told me it was good so I'm going with that. 

Last Sunday Dean's cousin, Tyler graduated. We went to his party & there was a delicious CAKE!! I love cake. Really, I love icing. Tyler's cake came from Ambrosia Bakery. If you're ever in Baton Rouge you must must must go to Ambrosia & buy something. They're expensive but delish!!! Tyler's cake was white cake with turtle filling & buttercream icing. Sooooo good!!! 

Enough about food.

Toodles!

12 comments:

  1. Vacations are always too short, aren't they, Traci? Glad you had a great time though. We just drove to Pensacola Friday afternoon and came back last night, to visit John's dad who has been sick. We did not go to the beach....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son and his family were in Orange Beach last week too in that cool weather. It was cool here too last week and now it is blazing hot. We were supposed to try and join them last week, but couldn't. I really would love to see the ocean again. It has been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had such a great time!!! I'm jealous! It's always a bummer to have to go back to work, isn't it? ESPECIALLY after a vacation! But I wouldn't know 'cause it's been a while since I had a vacation! Lol

    P.S.
    I love cake too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!! I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are so pretty. Vacations are to short, aren't they? Glad you were able to sneak away and have a good time! Thanks for sharing! XOXO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you guys had a good trip. We got home last night from Gatlinburg. Yea, I am a mountain girl, and one of these days I am not coming back. I am gonna own every color moo-moo dress they make, and have my own shack on the top of a mountain! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BUSCHWACKERS>>>>> nothing beats the Flora-Bama's!
    Glad y'all had a good time at the beach.

    We saw Bridesmaids last week & I laughed my butt off! (and I am a prude, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a successful vacation - I am so jealous!
    And like Kristin said - I felt that same way about The Hangover, too. I don't think we'll be seeing Bridesmaids anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds wonderful! We go to Destin every year but last year we went to Gulf Shores and loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a great vacation! It's always hard coming back but at least it's a long weekend coming up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a wonderful vacation! I love that outlet mall...we go there every single time!!

    ReplyDelete