Friday, January 7, 2011

Shrimp Dip

I told y'all about the shrimp dip I was making for the Cotton Bowl party we're going to tonight. I forgot that I posted a recipe for this shrimp dip awhile back. The one I made for tonight is entirely different. Y'all I know it's not often that I post a recipe but this is really good & even I can make it. This is what you do.

2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
2-4 Tablespoons of Hot Sauce - This depends on how spicy you like it. I use 3.
(2) 8 oz. packages of cream cheese.
Garlic - I used granulated garlic because it's what we had. You can use fresh or that stuff in a jar.

Layer 1 - Mix all of these ingredients together & spread it on the bottom of a platter. I always use a platter with a lip around it since it's a layered dip.

Layer 2 - A bottle of cocktail sauce. I use Louisiana because it's our fave. Spread it on top of the cream cheese.

Now everytime I make this I misread my recipe & end up layering things in a different order. I don't think it matters but the order I'm giving you is the order that the recipe calls for.

Layer 3 - Boiled Shrimp. The recipe says 1 -1 1/2 lbs. Peel them & layer on top of the cocktail sauce. I usually cut some of them up & leave some whole, depending on the size of the shrimp.

Layer 4 - An 8 oz. bag of shredded/grated mozzarella cheese

Layer 5 - Grated Parmesa Cheese. I forgot to buy it this time so I just used parmesan in the can. I've done this before & it's fine.

Layer 6 - 1 Chopped bell pepper

Layer 7 - Green onions. Just put as many as you'd like

Layer 8 - A Roma tomato cut up. I normally make the dip the day before I need it but I wait until the day I need it to put the tomato on. I don't want it to make the dip soggy.

I serve it with Wheat Thins or Sociables but any crackers will do.

This is what you end up with.



Looks good huh?

We're off to the Mitchell's to hopefully watch the Tigers beat the Aggies. Then things will get interesting with the coaching situation. Les is rumored to be one of the top candidates for the Michigan job. We shall see.



Geaux Tigers!! Isn't my shirt cute??

Toodles!!

7 comments:

  1. The dip sounds good! Gary wouldn't eat it because it has shrimp on it but I sure would.

    Your shirt is very cute. Glad that y'all won.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Tigers' win. It must have been that cute shirt! Thanks for the recipe. It sounds so yummy.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci you look soooo cute in your purple shirt! You are tiny and pretty girlfriend.

    I adore shrimp in anything. I'll have to try this soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool shirt, Traci! John just told me tonight that LSU coach is being interviewed by Mich. He is UM graduate. Your shrimp dip dish looks so good. I bet it was a hit, huh?...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! I just bought some shrimp tonight!!--- Must be a sign, huh?

    CUUU-UTE shirt, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, How did I miss this??? What a great dip for the Super Bowl!

    ReplyDelete