Wednesday, November 24, 2010

More of the weekend!

Saturday Dean & I went to my parents. There's a "store" called Lancaster House that we were going to. It's actually a home decor wholesaler that opens to the public once a month. They have lots of stuff at great prices. Back when they first opened they were in a warehouse & it was either ridiculously hot or freezing cold. They moved to the old TG&Y (that's a blast from the past!!) building. I've bought a lot of things there over the years but I hadn't been in awhile. Me, my mom, my sis-in-law Lydia & nephew Logan  all went. It was a mob scene. People were everywhere. I picked up a couple of Christmas gifts & a fish for myself. I forgot to take a picture of it. It's currently out by the pool. Which incidentally is almost swimmable again. It was 85 degrees yesterday. Today it's 80. Seriously. If it would just get a little warmer we could swim. The weather people claim that we're going to get lots of rain beginning tomorrow night & the temperature is going to drop throughout the day Friday & get cold. I'll believe it when I see it. Back to Saturday. Before we left to go shopping we played with Logan.
 He immediately went for the "button" on my brace.

This one makes me laugh. When I take out the camera he wants it. I'm leaning back trying to take the picture & he just keeps coming at me trying to get the camera. Apparently, this was hilarious to him!!

He LOVES to go bye bye. He's blowing Dean a kiss in this pic.

After lunch we went home to watch the LSU game. It was close but they managed to win. This Saturday is the last regular season game. We play Arkansas in Little Rock. This game is always very interesting. Who knows what will happen. This weekend determines the fate of a lot of teams.

Back to the weather. Sunday we put up the outside Christmas decor. It was soooo hot!! I was sweating. Now I don't like cold weather BUT I'd rather not sweat putting up Christmas decorations. We were also attacked by lady bugs. I swear I never saw a real ladybug until we moved into this house & now there's a ladybug season! They're EVERYWHERE!!!!

On a somewhat related note I just got this Breaking News Email from one of the local TV stations, "The National Transportation Safety Board says the lack of a bird strike-resistant windshield contributed to the January helicopter crash near Morgan City that left 8 people dead.". BIRDS ARE DANGEROUS!!! See why I don't want them around????

Toodles & HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I could see what you bought. SOunds like a good place to shop around. Can you believe this weather? DH actually swam 2 x this week. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Traci!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun sale...sometimes crowds like that are exciting, sometimes just a headache! The little one is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little one just post a huge smile on my face. Such a cutie pie. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci oh your poor wrist. Ouch!

    TG&Y? Wow! You're right that is a blast from the past. Holy molito I forgot all about that place. LOL!

    I hope the rest of your weekend is fantastic!
    ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn birds. HA! The dude totally always goes for our camera too. Hope y'all had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a funny picture -- of little man laughing.

    ReplyDelete