Monday, November 22, 2010

All Things Christmas!

Well that 3 day weekend flew by! It also flew by without me taking a nap. I honestly can't remember the last time that happened. I left work a little early Thursday & made a Hob Lob run. Yes, I know, I think I have a problem. I've been to that store entirely too much lately. I also had a really strange experience. I walked up to a register, didn't have to stand in line & the cashier spoke English. WOO HOO!! Seriously, this NEVER happens. When I got home Dean had the big tree up & all the lights were working. It's pre lit but you just never know when something is gonna go wrong.

Friday morning we got up bright & early & went to Sam's. Thanks to my brother Scott, we have a business membership & can get in early before the crowd. Have I mentioned how much I love Sam's?? This trip I found a pair of Bandolino jeans for $15. I didn't think they'd fit because that would be too easy but they do!!! I even picked up a couple of Christmas gifts & some ornaments. Just what I need, more ornaments. Problem maybe?? We made a few other stops & got the majority of our Christmas shopping done which was FAB!! For lunch we met Dean's parents at Mike Anderson's. Speaking of FAB!! LOVE LOVE LOVE Mike Anderson's!! Best seafood ever! Thanks Mrs. Joyce & Mr. Andrew!! Once we got home I started decorating. Oooh I have to interrupt myself. I just got an email that New Kids On The Block are coming to Lafayette in June!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! I LOVE NKOTB. This is the big tour with the Back Street Boys. I can't wait!!!! Tickets go on sale in a couple of weeks so now I have to find a connection to get good seats. Anybody know anyone that works at the Cajundome???

Moving on. I got a good bit of work done on my tree Friday night. I made a confession Friday night. As I mentioned earlier I think I have a problem. A Christmas problem. I have A LOT of Christmas stuff & ornaments. I think it's time I cut myself off. I hate to do it but it's gotten bad. Here's a sneak peek of a portion of my "stuff".

My house was the biggest mess. Thankfully, I finished the tree Saturday & Sunday I moved on to the smaller tree in the kitchen. I'm not finished with it but we were able to put the table back in it's place & pick up a bit. Yesterday, we got the stuff around the front door outside done & I worked on a wreath. I was up to my eyeballs in wreath making stuff. This is just some of it.
I was able to finish the wreath for my friend Vicki. Pics to come later but I like how it turned out.

On the bird front. One of my friends, Mrs. Carolyn suggested I get some fake rubber snakes to put on top of the places where the birds hang out. Well, I've been looking & all I can find are rubber snakes that are  fluorescent colors. I'm thinking the birds will even know they're not real. SO, if anyone knows where to get  regular looking rubber snakes I'm all ears.

Speaking of the birds. I know. Really, I am going to stop talking about them BUT all this started because they poop on everything. Well, guess what Dean found on the patio by the pool Thursday??? RABBIT POOP!!! Now I don't mind a cute little rabbit hanging out & lounging by the pool but couldn't it do it's bunny business in the grass???

Toodles!

8 comments:

  1. Girl, I think you do have a Christmas problem- but it is a good one to have!! :) Did you have a heart attack watching LSU? Brandon turned into a mad man while watching the game!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual...I love your blog and it is especially cool when I am mentioned or quoted! LOL. Hey...when I had my "big house" I had several Christmas trees and loved every minute of it! It is my favorite season too. You have a beautiful home and decorating it is no different than putting on your jewelry when you dress. I'll be on the lookout for realistic rubber snakes but you may have to post a little sign a ways out from your entry so your guests don't have a heart attack at your door! Something like: "Guests, please be aware that the reptiles you encounter ahead are FAKE....at least we THINK they are!" LOL
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a pre lit tree last year and love it! Problem is, my daughter still wants a "real tree". Can't wait to see how your wreaths came out! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I read correctly? You take a nap everyday? I am so jelious!!!!! Lucky girl! Love all your decorations put out, can't wait to see everything decorated!!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Traci I know exactly how you feel. I have a real problem with Christmas décor. I just can’t seem to stop myself! I’ll be cleaning house today just so I can mess it up again with all my Christmas junk. Of course every year I think I need to revamp my décor and end up buying more crap that I don’t need. It’s a vicious cycle but I’m not going to lie....I like it. :o)

    Ps....I was dragging yesterday. I wish I could successfully get up at 6am and stay up till 1am without paying for it the next day but I can’t. I’m looking forward to getting through this rush at work so I can get back to some normal schedule.

    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!!

    Kendra aka "Domestic Princess in Training"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see the finished product! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally get your plight with birds. Our neighbor was feeding them, 2 large feeders filled every day & tossing some on the ground for good measure, & they were flocking to the side yard that we share. What a mess & stinky. They were constantly flying into my window & doing their impression of "snow angels"! We finally ordered a "pigeon repeller" that is an electronic devise on a timer & it makes a noise like birds of prey. It freaked me out a few times when I was in the backyard & I would think I was in the middle of the Amazon or something! It worked; the birds pretty much stayed away. It was an obnoxious noise & finally annoyed the neighbor enough that she stopped feeding the birds. Woohoo! Good luck with your problem.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have to post pictures when you are done with all of your Christmas decor. Don't hold your breath about the rabbits. At my old house they would climb up into my huge flower pots and eat all of my pansies and poop right there. By spring, all I had were pots full of poop. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete