Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Good Friday!!

I'm sure most of you have the day off. Unfortunately, I don't. One bad thing about working for a newspaper is the lack of holidays. Newspapers don't close so I don't get many. Oh well. I have a job. Although, it was rather hard to get up this morning while Dean was still sleeping. See this little thing.

Yeh, it's a battery & thanks to it I did not get a good nights sleep.  At midnight I woke up to a very distinct beeping sound. The smoke detector needs a new battery apparently. I couldn't believe Dean was sleeping through it. I'm the one that can sleep through anything. Why didn't I wake him up? Well, I really figured it needed some weird battery that we didn't have & I didn't know what he'd do about it so I figured I'd let him sleep as long as he could. I put a pillow over my head & attempted to go back to sleep. I could still hear the beep but the pillow made it not so shrill. SURELY, Dean's going to wake up soon. He didn't. I finally fell asleep. I woke up again (I don't know what time it was) & didn't hear the beeping but was too afraid to take the pillow off my head for fear it really was still beeping & I just wasn't awake enough yet to realize it. At 5:30 when it was time to get up I told Dean about the beeping. He said he got up at 3:30 & changed the battery. He slept through the beeping for 3 HOURS!!!! Unbelievable!!! At least I didn't wake up when he was chaning it! Why is it that the batteries always go dead in the middle of the night? When we were in Vegas we got a call from the security co. saying that our alarm battery was going dead. That call came at 2:00 am Vegas time. Does this happen to anyone else or is this another one of those things that only happens to me????

I didn't do the Wii last night & I didn't go walking or biking. I did work in the yard. I didn't do a whole lot but I pulled weeds which requires me to a lot of squatting. When I was done I felt like I'd done about a million squats. I can feel it today too. That's a good thing right? This means I've done some sort of physical activity every day since Sat. except Tues. when I did nothing buy lay on the sofa!! I was planning to still go for a walk but after the yardwork I was too busy booking my flight! What flight you ask?? I'm going to SAN DIEGO!!!!  Wooo Hooooo!!! Soooo excited!!!!

I'll back up. Yesterday, sis-in-law Lydia was telling me that she was chosen to go to a Convention for work in San Diego in June & I mentioned how nice that would be & she invited me to come along. Woo Hoo!!!! I'll be hanging out by myself some but I'll have time to hang out with Lydia too. It's a great opportunity to visit a place I've never been & I won't have to pay for a hotel room! This is where we're staying.


Looks nice huh? I booked the flight last night. We leave June 26th & come back on the 30th. Lydia isn't nearly as excited as I am because this means she has to leave little Logan. It'll be my job to keep her mind off of that. If anyone's been there & there are any must do's or must eats, let me know!!

Toodles!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are a better wife than I am. I would have hit Scott with the pillow and told him to get up and change the damn battery! We did some work in our flower bed too this weekend. I feel like I did a million squats too.

    ReplyDelete