Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Went Shopping!

Before the cruise I went shopping. I just wanted to see if I saw anything cute that I had to have. I found a few things. I keep hearing about the greatness that is Forever 21 & I just haven't seen it UNTIL this trip! Being that I'm not in my 20's anymore there's lots of things in this store that I cannot wear but if you're willing to look, you can find some cute stuff. Beware of their return policy. No refunds whether you have a receipt or not. I'm not crazy about that because I go to the mall at lunch & pick up things then I try on once I get home & if I don't like something it goes back. Anyway, the main thing I was looking for was a black sweater. Just something light but that was a little dressier than a jacket. I found this. I thought it was perfect!


I saw this top & at first I wasn't sure about it.


The more I looked at it the more I liked it. I'm so glad I bought it because it looks cute on & the material is really soft. It doesn't need a lot of ironing either.

I thought this was a cute casual top for the summer to wear with shorts.


I really love Forever 21's prices. I got all 3 things for $40 including tax. Not bad for a quick trip to the mall at lunch!

I'm in DSW's reward club or whatever it is they call it & I get emails from them periodically. Right before we left on the cruise I got an email saying that clearance stuff was an additional 50% off. Of course I didn't need any shoes but when has that ever stopped me?? I was excited to find these.


With the additional discount they were $10! I can always use flip flops & I loved the plaid & they're Tommy Hilfiger.

Then I saw these


my heart nearly stopped! I LOVED them! They were $15. I was thrilled that they still had my size. So with shipping my total is like $33. At DSW since I'm a reward member if I spend $35 I get free shipping. Well, far be it from me to pass up a deal. It would be in my best interest to buy a 3rd pair of shoes & reach the $35 point & get free shipping. That way I get 3 pairs of shoes for what 2 pair with shipping would've cost!! It took me a bit to explain this to Dean so that he understood that I was saving money by getting 3 pair. I found these.


They were $12. Just a basic pair of black peep toes. Of course I am a bit concerned that all of them won't fit. You just never know when you don't try them on. When we got home from the cruise I had a huge box waiting for me & all 3 pair fit!! They are all so cute! They look even better in person & the peep toes are REALLY comfortable!

Saturday morning Dean & I went to Sam's. As much as I hate Walmart, I love Sam's. I know it's weird but you never know what you'll find & I used to work there & actually liked it. Well, all of it except the dealing with the public part. Anyway, I was going with the intention of buying a Wii. They're sold out. It figures. The problem with Sam's is, you always come out with more than you went in for even when they're sold out of the main thing you went for. I ended up with this.


Just a basic white top but I thought it was cute. It's got a little band around the sleeves & it's thicker than a t-shirt. I can always use white tops. It's Ann Klein & was $10. Can't beat that. I also found this


A baby pink Izod sweater for $15. I wore it yesterday with my pearls. I felt like Jen Lancaster! Then I found this


For whatever reason I loved it! I just like the little ruffly type collar & the color. I don't have anything this color so I thought it would be a nice addition to my wardrobe. The picture doesn't show the color very well. It's actually a bright green. Soooo pretty! The best part? It was $10. Couldn't pass it up. The lesson here is to always look at the clothes at Sam's. You never know what they might have!


Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment