Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

Well, I managed to stay up for the entire LSU game Sat. night. There were several times I wanted to go to sleep but didn't. I sure hope they play better Sat. All we heard about last season was how the Co-DC's wasn't a good idea & the defense wasn't playing well & it wasn't working out. People moaned & complained while we kept our fingers crossed that coaches Mallory & Peveto would still have their jobs this year. They were our friends, we loved their families & we loved having them as neighbors. Unfortunately, things didn't work out & they've both moved on. We lost great neighbors & gained Nese's that don't ever come out of the house except to cut their grass clothed from head to toe with not an inch of skin showing. Imagine my dismay when I watched that game & saw what looked like the same defense as last season. I also saw lots & lots of missed tackles. I'm of the belief that coaches shouldn't be blamed for missed tackles but whatev! Needless to say I hope they improve.

One great thing about a 9:30 pm kickoff is that the college kids don't get up before noon on Sunday so there's no line at Canes!!!

I had a to do list for the long weekend. I wanted to enjoy my weekend but I have really neglected my house this summer. Between my busy social calendar (HA!) & my addiction to books & Facebook there was a lot to be done. I managed to knock out a lot of it Sunday.

Today I was able to scratch off a few more things from the to do list. Unfortunately, there are still some things on it. I didn't get to cleaning out the closets or mopping the wood floors but I'm extremely proud of myself because I did something I rarely do - I COOKED!! I made enchilada's for lunch. There was a recipe in the Food section of The Advocate Thurs. & someone I know on FB tried it & said it was easy & good. Well, it was DELICIOUS if I do say so myself. Dean liked it too. When I say I don't cook, I mean I really don't cook except to make taco's, sloppy joe's or baked chicken. So this was a pretty big deal for me. Now I have a new recipe!! I'm excited!

We spent a couple of hours in the pool this afternoon which was nice. The water has cooled down after all the rain & it felt great! It was a nice way to end the long weekend.

I was hoping to see Logan today but it didn't happen. They spent the weekend at their camp & were late going home today so there wasn't time to stop. I plan on loving on him next weekend for sure though!

All in all it was a good weekend & now we get a short work week which is always a good thing!

1 comment:

  1. Sound like you need more "easy" recipes. If you like corn, and you like shrimp, you should try the easy corn and shrimp chowder I posted. The hardest part is chopping the onion and bell pepper...everything else involves opening cans! Traci, I LOVE your blog! You are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete