Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Frogs, Murderers & Sleep Experts

When I got home today Dean met me in the driveway to show me the latest creature that has made itself at home in our pool.




I don't know that I've ever seen a frog this big. We have frogs all over but they're those cute itty bitty kind. Dean set him free & I'm pretty sure he'll be back. Hopefully, he won't bring friends. If so, I can't guarantee that they won't get skinned & fried. Dean & his peeps actuallly eat these things & they continue to tell me they taste like chicken. I say if it taste like chicken why not eat chicken? Anyway, they won't waste their time on just one so he's safe if he comes alone. I'm assuming the frog is looking for water being that we live in the desert. Nobody seems to believe me when I say it never rains at my house. Here's proof.



This is a picture of the ditch behind our house. Notice the small craters in the ground. If it doesn't rain soon who knows what I'll come home to.

Last night I was laying in bed reading the fabulous book "Bitter is the New Black". Love Love Love this book. I know I say that a lot but if you like smart aleck sarcasm, this book is for you. Anyway, I'm reading & Dean is watching Sean Hannity. This has become Dean's habit in the last several weeks. (Around the time I started grinding my teeth, although Dean swears one has nothing to do with the other, I'm not so sure). This girl was on the Great American Panel.



Her name is Aubrey O'Day. I thought she was a stripper or playmate but they said she was a singer. I had never heard of her but I googled her & see that she's a member of Danity Kane. She made the insane comment about what a genius Fidel Castro is & when Hannity comes back with "You know he's a murderer?", her response was "I'm sure I've met MANY murderers in my life". REALLY? What does that say about her? What kind of people is she hanging out with? It really disturbed me.

It's game week in B.R. which means you can get your fill of LSU football on the news, internet & newspaper. The season opener is Sat. in Seattle. Kickoff is at 9:30 pm central. I'm trying to figure out how exactly I'm going to stay awake until the end. When I was reading the paper today there was an article about the players & the lack of sleep they'll get with the late kickoff. Les Miles is quoted as saying that they've consulted "sleep experts" & decided they need to spend an extra night in Seattle. I consider myself a sleep expert. The only person I know that likes to sleep more than me is my 3 mo. old nephew. Seriously, one year for Christmas Dean gave me 2 prs. of pj's & a robe, his grandma gave me a robe & BFF Vicki gave me pajamas. That being said, I couldn't care less how many nights the football team stays in Seattle BUT unless things have changed A LOT in the last 10-12 yrs. those guys are not worried about how much sleep they get. Back in the day it was a given that the football team would show up at Sports and/or The Stadium Club after ALL of their games. Away games? Why sure - plane lands in BR, bus takes them to the stadium, they get in their cars & the next stop was Tigerland & FREE DRINKS!! I'm just saying....

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know what to make of the title of this blog!! Thanks for clearing it up. BTW, that skank Aubrey O'Day also admires Hitler for being such a genius. Dumbass!!

    ReplyDelete