Monday, October 12, 2015

Texas

Thursday night my friend that I used to work with got married. The wedding was so pretty and the food was delicious! Shrimp & Grits, Fish, Fettuccine, Gumbo, Jambalaya, etc. I couldn't believe the groom's cake.


Everything is edible except the ketchup & mustard bottles! 

My favorite was her wedding cake.


Cake balls from my favorite cake ball place, Brew Ha Ha in Baton Rouge. They had my 2 favorites - wedding cake & king cake. 

They passed out these cute little cards that had a cute little saying about taking pictures with your phone & there's a website where you can upload the pictures for the bride & groom. I thought that was such a cute idea.


Dean, Nick (a co-worker's husband) & me.

There was a candy bar & cute little bags for all the guests to fill up.




Me & the Bride

Friday I worked half a day & Dean & I went to Pearland for our nephew's Senior Night Football Game.



Me, Drew, Camille & Dean after the game. 

Saturday we were going to my brother in law's girlfriends house to watch the LSU game & have a fish fry. We stopped at Kroger to pick up Blue Bell ice cream to bring home. After the whole Listeria outbreak, taking it off the market, cleaning their plants fiasco it hasn't made it's way back to Baton Rouge. Well, I just happened to run into an old friend.


Leslie lives in League City with her family. It was so funny running into someone from home that I haven't seen in ages in the grocery store! 

I got pictures with the kids while they were cooperative. LOL




LSU won & we made the trip home after the game. 

I did my long run Sunday at the lakes with Cindy. 


The weather was fabulous but I just wasn't feeling it & one of my hips was bothering me a little. I'm blaming it on the fact that I haven't slept well the last few nights & the way I sat in the car for the 4 hour ride home from Texas. We leave for Key West Wednesday so I may take the week off from running.

We had a relaxing day of  pizza for lunch at Schlitz & Giggles, a nap & froyo after Mass. 


Somewhere under that whipped cream is Pumpkin pie & Cheesecake froyo with M&M's, cheesecake bites, cookie dough bites, vanilla chips & Reeses. Needless to say this wasn't the healthiest thing I ate yesterday! Oh but it was delicious. I had 3 oz. free that was going to expire so I kinda had to get it.

How was your weekend? Do anything fun?

Toodles! 

1 comment:

  1. You guys certainly do stay busy! And all the while, enjoying such great sounding food! Those cakes were incredible! Now I'm hungry froyo!

    ReplyDelete