Monday, August 24, 2015

Double Digits

Last week I ended up missing a run. For whatever reason I couldn't make myself get out of bed & then the next morning it rained. It was a book end run week. 6 mi. Monday & 6 mi. Friday. Better than nothing for sure. 

My plan was to do my long run on Sunday. When I started I hadn't decided if I would go 9 or 10 miles. I went back to the lakes again. Even though it's hotter than hell it seems easier at the lakes because there's a ton of shade. You'll never hear me complain about clouds or shade on a summer run. 

I guess fall will be here soon because it's staying dark longer than normal. 


When I got there it was after 6:00 & it was still pretty dark. I don't run by myself in the dark at the lakes. I wait until it lightens up some or I start when a group goes so that I'm close to other people. There's a ton of people out there so it's not a big deal. 


There is always pretty scenery at the lakes. 


I swear these birds aren't scared of anyone. I went right up close to it & it just sat there. 

Even though the heat was horrendous I was feeling pretty good so I pushed it to 10 mi. We really need a break from the humidity Those 10 mi. were REALLY sweaty miles. It was gross. Sweat dripping from my visor & not a dry thread on me. I drank a lot of water during the run. I'm not sure if I was slower or if it I stopped longer for water. I haven't been bringing a water bottle with me, I just stop at all the water fountains along the way. 


I do love seeing that I burned almost 1000 calories but I'm trying hard not to replace every calorie I burn! I'm trying to really eat well during this training cycle. Aside from trying to lower my cholesterol I feel better when I eat better. Normally, before a long run I eat a couple of pieces of whole wheat toast with almond butter, honey, chia seeds & blueberries. 

Lately, when I get home I eat blueberry or strawberry protein pancakes. 


I love to add plain Greek yogurt too but I didn't have any. Lately after all runs I drink a glass of chocolate milk. I don't know the scientific facts behind it but it's recommended to drink after running & I do love chocolate milk. 

I'm sure you've noticed that I tend to eat the same things over & over & over. It does get old but I do rotate my snacks. I like almonds & pistachios. I LOVE trail mix but I don't generally buy it because it's one of those things that I can eat a lot of & then I'm not sure exactly how healthy it is. Nuts.com has so many healthy snack ideas on their site. Everyone in the blog world has gone over the moon with overnight oats. I haven't tried them but there's a recipe on their website. 


Looks good right? I need things that I don't have to make in the morning. I have ZERO extra time especially on run mornings. Check out Nuts.com for ideas.

Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. I think that it's so wonderful that you do your runs even under less than ideal conditions. Way to go, Traci! I went back to the gym this morning, but was able to walk on the treadmill for 45 min. at a very slow speed. I won't go by myself anymore, because when the fatigue hits me, I get a bit fearful of driving. It did feel good to do what I did!

    ReplyDelete