Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Fat Tuesday

Our Mardi Gras weekend was pretty dull. Friday night we had dinner at Caliente before going to the LSU baseball game. Saturday was another game followed by Mass and dinner at Roberto's. If you're hungry or not eating sugar you want to stop reading here.

We had shrimp & grits for an app & it was delicious!

They also have one of my favorite wines.
Scotto Family Malbec!

Then there was the main reason we were there.....
King Cake bread pudding! It was so good! My favorite is still king cake cheesecake though. I even went after work yesterday & got us each a piece.

I love school holidays because there's no traffic going to work! Schools are out here for Mardi Gras. No traffic means time for a Starbucks stop.

Grande white chocolate mocha nonfat with a pump of caramel. So good!
With weather like this I needed Starbucks. Did I mention it was 80 Sunday? Yeh.

I'm giving up sweets for Lent. No cakes, cookies, candy, etc. Because of that I thought it would be a good idea to make myself sick on candy tonight.
I didn't eat all of this. Dean ate one of the wedding cake eggs. Those were really good too!

Anyone giving up or doing anything for Lent?

Toodles!

3 comments:

  1. Ah, you are so strong to give up sweets. ;) It was so nice here this weekend and now freezing. Stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How, funny, White Chocolate Mocha is the only thing I ever get from Starbucks! :) And wow, I thought our weather was crazy but out there looks worse! I could go for some of that bread pudding. Looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor, sheltered, former Southern girl that I am, I have never had King Cake! Now you tell me there is King Cake Bread Pudding! Wow, be still my heart! Cannot imagine I could find that around here, so I might have to try my hand at making it! Or, I could just drink more wine!

    ReplyDelete