Friday, May 31, 2013

12.55

In the last 8 days I've ran 12.55 miles. I know that's not a ton like some people but for me it's awesome! Aside from the runs, I've swam laps & gone to Yoglates twice. It's been HOT!!! Like really, really hot. This morning at 4:45 when I got up it was 75 degrees. That may sound nice to some of you but when you factor in the 80% humidity it's not nice at all. I just wanted to get in the pool when I got back but there's that thing called a job that got in the way of that. UGH!
I stole this from my sis-in-laws FB wall. It's so true. I had only ran 0.8 of a mile this morning & was
sooooo ready to stop. The rest of the run went by fast & the more I ran the better I felt. It's weird but the first mile is always my hardest.

The LSU Baseball team starts Regional play today at the God awful time of 2:00. I've said before, our coach is moron. In what world is it better to play when it's 87 degrees, 80% humidity & under the blazing hot sun rather than at 7:00 tonight when it's only 83, humidity is down & THERE'S NO SUN???? Well, guess who won't be there??? THIS GIRL. LSU is playing Jackson State, which is a SWAC school, which means they don't play as tough of a schedule as LSU so this SHOULDN'T be a very good game. I don't want to take vacation to watch that & have to sit in the heat. Yes, I'm a baby. Not to mention I think I've sweated my allotted amount of sweat already today. Should LSU happen to lose it's a game that I certainly wouldn't have wanted to see so it's a win win for me. I'll sit at work in the A/C & watch on the ESPN app.

Speaking of work, things are better. Thanks goodness!! We have a new boss. He's my friend & already works with us. It's only on an interim basis now but we're hoping it will become permanent. We're scared of outsiders!! There are other changes & one involves this.
How does my job have anything to do with a Starbuck's Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frap you ask??? Well, one of the other guys that I work for that is also our friend will be working out of the office for the majority of the time now. He's my SB buddy. He makes Starbucks runs for us during the day. Not everyday but often. Sometimes all I have to do is tweet about needing caffeine. HA! Soooo with him not being in the office & sometimes not even in Baton Rouge I'll be doing without. sigh. It's a tough life I know.  

Anyone have any good plans for the weekend? I'll be at the LSU games Saturday & Sunday & hopefully have some pool time. Tomorrow will be my off day from running & working out. I'm looking forward to that.

Have a great weekend!

Toodles!




3 comments:

  1. The first mile is always my hardest, too! I always suffer more during that one mile than any other, no matter what distance I'm doing! It makes no sense?? :) Brandon was trying to make it home in time to catch the game on tv. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad things are looking better at work. Nothing is much worse than hating what you do and/or where you have to do it!

    You are doing so awesome on your workouts and your running. I don't know how you run in that humidity. We get super-hot here, but our humidity is usually non-existant until the end of July thru Sept. I still remember that sticky, damp weather when I lived in Louisiana as a child. Clothes on the outside line (yes, I lived in the Dark Ages) would take a couple of days to dry! Oh, and no one had personal pools in the backyards; and public pools were kind of scary because of polio -- no one knew much about it or how it spread, but pools were very suspect. Thank goodness we no longer have to worry about that!

    ReplyDelete