Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Quack!

The most random things happen to me. I guess happen isn't the right word. I see a lot of random things that other people don't see may be a better explanation. This morning I ran & as I passed a house I heard a "quack". I blew it off because I've been known to think ducks were outside my window when it was just frogs. I run the same "circle" over & over in the mornings so my next time around I hear "quack" again. This time I looked up & lo & behold it's a DUCK!!!

I know what you're thinking, at least people that live around here, one of those little mallards or whatever they're called that are dark colored & small & have pretty green feathers. If that's what you're thinking you'd be wrong. I'm talking about the chick & the duck from Friends kind of duck. I love FRIENDS! It's my all time favorite TV show & I've seen every episode a bazillion times & still laugh like I've never seen them. You may remember during Matthew Perry's addicted to pain killers so he was uber skinny phase, he & Joey had a chick & a duck for pets. That would be the duck & yes, that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw the duck. For those of you that have no clue as to what I'm talking about think Aflac. Yes, THAT duck!

My next time around, "quack". The duck is standing behind the people's gate looking & quacking at me. What's with these animals staring me down?

Where did the duck come from? Who knows. It almost looked like it was a pet but I mean seriously, in real life who has a duck for a pet? My best guess is that his home is the pond that is behind the people's property. That would be the same pond that had an alligator in it earlier in the year that Wildlife & Fisheries came & trapped.

Yes, I took a picture. I didn't want to stop in the middle of my run so I waited until the end & by that time he'd moved away from the gate.
I know it's not a good picture but at least you can kinda see that it is truly a duck. Actually, now that I'm looking at the pic it looks like Snoopy when he does his little dance in the air. Of course Snoopy isn't real so you know it's a duck.

I saw an armadillo, a cat & a duck on my run this morning. Living in Riverbend Lakes is an adventure!

Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. I love your chick & duck reference! Ah! The good ole days of Friends. My sister and I still quote friends. Best. Show. Ever!

    You do live in a very animal friendly neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read this on my phone (which I canNOT comment from UGH) last week I died laughing!
    Listen, one morning I woke up to a rooster cockadoodledooing in my back yard. As you know, we do not live on or near a farm!
    I swear you and I are kindred spirits LOL!

    ReplyDelete