Thursday, May 31, 2012

Weigh In Thursday & Stuff

These short weeks really confuse me. All day yesterday it felt like Tuesday & it never occurred to me to do a weigh in post. I lost .4 lbs. this week. I'm ecstatic! I basically had 3 days of parties over the weekend plus a Mexican meal. I was expecting a gain. This week I'll only make it to Yoglates twice since I didn't go Monday. I'm trying to keep on track with my running & I don't like to run & do Yoglates on the same day. That makes for a really long day. I've ran twice & I'll run tomorrow morning if it doesn't rain & I have Yoglates this afternoon. It's getting really hot in there these days. Tuesday it was 94.

We didn't have anything planned for Memorial Day this year. We were just planning to hang out & relax. At Allie's party Saturday we discovered that some of our neighbors weren't doing anything either so we decided to do nothing together at our house in the pool. Dean grilled ribs, The Gillio's brought brisket & baked beans & the Mitchell's brought bread, cole slaw & banana pudding. It was delicious!!! I also made the Vodka punch I had a few weeks ago at a shower. It's the perfect drink to have on a hot day by the pool. It's very refreshing!
The recipe is as follows:
  • a fifth of vodka
  • (2) 2L 7-Ups
  • (1) can of pineapple juice
  • (1) jar of cherries
  • sugar to taste
Mix everything together including the juice from the jar of cherries. I  made it Sunday night & put it in the freezer overnight. I stored it in Ocean Spray containers that are 64 oz. each. I used 4. Everyone really liked it. 

Yesterday was my yearly mammogram. Blech. It really wasn't bad at all. Make sure y'all get one! Just a friendly public service announcement.

Toodles!



6 comments:

  1. omg please fill me in - how r u losing the weight? - i gained weight due to medication - and i've been working out all the time and eating right and i'm seeing no results - if i could lose 4lbs in a week - HEAVEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been counting points myself and I can certainly tell that the last time I did this I was much younger! It is sooooo slow now. I was careful over the weekend but not exact and I was up a pound (of course I'm up a pound anytime I eat anything salty)! Two steps forward, one step back. Congrats on losing over a holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have a glass of that lovely drink, please. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eating and losing weight...you rock! Teach me how! Hahaha. That sounds like a perfect Memorial Day! I wish we had a pool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lovely lady.
    I love your recipe thanks so much !!!
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family,and thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Tablescape.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of those parties sounded like a lot of fun, but sometimes it's those "unplanned, spur-of-the-moment" gatherings that are the BEST. Logan & all those other kiddoes are so cute. Kids & birthdays, what could be better?

    Your beverage sounds really good -- thanks for sharing the recipe. And you keep saying you don't cook....lol! We've been doing a lot of Sangria (caught that bug in Spain) & margaritas. We found "Golden Margarita" - Ready to drink in a big bottle at Costco (their Kirkland's brand), & it is delicious if you like margaritas. It's not overly sweet -- yum!

    Congrats on the weight loss & sticking to what sounds like a grueling exercise plan. You rock!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete