Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

We've spent a lot of time eating lately. Friday night we ran a couple of errands so while we were out we stopped for dinner. I was in the mood for Italian but we weren't anywhere near either of our favorite Italian restaurants. We stopped at Italian Pie. We've never been there before but it was good. I ordered lasagna. There was a choice of salads & you either got bread sticks or garlic bread. I chose garlic bread. This is what I got.
The garlic bread was basically a small pizza. It was delicious but good grief, I don't want to know the calorie count! I'm thoroughly enjoying my Keurig. We went to Bed, Bath & Beyond so I could get some more K cups. I bought this one.
It's my fave!! It's sooooo good!!! Love, love, love! I also got green tea but I haven't tried it yet.

How did everyone spend New Years Eve & New Years? We stayed home & hosted our neighbors New Years Eve. The weather wasn't the greatest. It rained earlier in the day & it was hot. The weather in Baton Rouge is ridiculous. Dean cooked gumbo & everyone brought stuff. We had hot onion dip, spinach & artichoke dip, an anti pasta platter, a cheese ball, cream cheese & pepper jelly. I feel like I spend a lot of time blogging about food. The guys popped some fireworks. Here's me & Dean.
 Not a great pic but at least it's something. I realized yesterday that we didn't even take a pic together at Christmas. I really need to remember to take the date off the pics too. On another note, those Christmas lights that you see behind us are purple & gold & they spell out Beat Bama on our neighbors front yard.  Here's some of the crew.
Dave, Devin, Alexandra, Allie, Anna, Aaron, Jackie, Dennis, Cliff, Kitzia, Suzy, me & Dean. We were missing a few people.

We spent New Years Day playing Santa Claus to some of our Godchildren. We visited with friends & the kids opened their gifts. Everyone seemed to like their stuff. This is me & Lane. Dean & I are Lane's Godparents.
Lane gave us a gift card to Sammy's which is one of our favorite restaurants. Once we got home I started taking my Christmas decorations down. I normally leave everything up through the Epiphany but this year I'm ready to have it all put up & get things back to normal. I'm going to leave out my nativity until next weekend but everything else is coming down. I got a lot done tonight so hopefully it won't take all day tomorrow. I basically just have the trees left to take down & the stuff outside. I still can't believe Christmas has come & gone & it's 2012. I hope y'all had a wonderful holiday & are looking forward to the new year. Are y'all doing resolutions??

Toodles!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great New Year's Eve =) We were in Lafayette & the grounds were wet, but it was hot! :(

    Happy New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you saw my list of NEWS....I am crossing my fingers that I get to see that list achieved. :)

    Looks like 2012 came in with a bang for ya'll. Hope its a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that their lights spell out Beat Bama! That is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks GOOD!! You look great!!
    Happy New Year!!

    P.S. Beat Bama??? so mean - haha! :))

    ReplyDelete