Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Mantel

I spent a ridiculous amount of time working on my mantel Sunday. I don't know what the problem was but I couldn't get it right. I gave up & went back to it later. I finished it today. This is how it ended up.

It's just garland, poinsettia's, gold netting & a few ornaments. I really wanted a couple of big gold reindeer that I saw at Michael's but when I went yesterday they were sold out. That was a bummer. You'd think I would've learned by now when I see something to buy it. I needed something tall so I ended up with these gold thingys.

  This is what they looked like when I bought them. They're over 4 ft. tall.
I attached some berries & greenery & some other gold thingys. Here's another picture.
I see now that the bead garland I have doesn't show up well in the picture. I used a strand of gold & a strand of burgundy & gold. Like I said, it's not what I wanted but considering what I went through to get it done I think it turned out ok.

I'm linking to the Holiday Home party at the The Lettered Cottage, Kim's Boring to Better party at Savvy Southern Style, Hooked on Houses Hooked on Holiday House Tours & Vanessa's Inspiration Friday party at Southern In My Heart.

Toodles!

9 comments:

  1. Wow Traci, you did a great job! All of your hard work certainly paid off. You have a beautiful home. Can't wait to see more!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you wanted your mantel to look another way, it still looks good. I wasn't thrilled with mine and might change it up in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful mantel - lots of texture and color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci, it looks great. I had the same problem with mine. Just wasn't right and had to keep tweaking it. Sometimes it takes several tries. You can link to my party too if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it! I know what you mean about things not turning out the way you see them in your head. Even if they look good, you still see what you wanted it to be! That is my problem! If it makes you feel any better, I think your mantle looks perfect with the picture there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out just beautiful! Love those branches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your mantle is gorgeous. Sometimes it is good to take a break and come back to a decorating project. It certainly worked for you. I like the slightly asymmetrical but balanced look... really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Traci that is one gorgeous mantel! I think you did fab. Love the tall candles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey girl! Ok, so I am totally stealing the gold netting idea from you for next year! I actually know right where I am going to use it too! :-) I felt like I was all thumbs this year with so many things so I definitely relate to the "taking forever" problem. But, your mantel looks just gorgeous and it was well worth the effort. Thanks so much for linking up to the party!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete