Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Need Better Mail

Yesterday, when I got the mail the census was there. Earlier in the day I'd talked to my mom & she told me hers was in the mail yesterday too. That's when I realized that what I got last week from the census people wasn't the actual census like I thought. (See how worried about it I am, I haven't even opened it). It was just a letter to tell you the census is coming. What a wonderful waste of tax dollars. At one of the first LSU baseball games this year they actually did an advertisement during the game for the census. Really? Makes no sense to me. Not only that, but someone that had something to do with the census threw out the first pitch. WTH??? On the envelope in really big letters it says something about you being a felon if you don't fill it out & send it back. The word "felon" may not have been used but it was something like that. My question was, if they know where to send it & they can arrest you for not filling it out why don't they know how many people are around? Dean said they don't know how many people live at each address. OK, that's a valid point but it seems like they could get with one of these companies that sends all that junk mail & figure it out. Or, how about this, everyone born gets a SS#, why can't they get with those people & figure it out? It's all the Federal Government. Well, maybe I just answered my own question, it's all the Federal Government. I'm sure someone would argue that everyone isn't born in a hospital & everyone doesn't have a SS#, which I suppose is true but do you really think people that are having babies in random places & aren't following proper procedure are going to be intimidated by a letter that comes in the mail or listen to a TV commercial?? I don't. It's no big deal to fill out the form, I just don't understand why they have to spend so much money telling everyone to do it. I'm also really tired of hearing that commercial on the radio that tells you all about how if they didn't know how many people lived in a area there wouldn't be enough red lights. Whatever dude! We have plenty of red lights in my area & they aren't cycling right as it is.

I've said before how much I love for UPS & FedEx to stop at my house. Last night we were in the kitchen & Dean asked me what I ordered. I didn't know what he was talking about because I haven't ordered a thing. He said UPS was about to drop something off. Sure enough, the doorbell rang. I knew not to get too excited. Good thing, it was a letter from our mortgage co. telling us that we qualify for a lower interest rate if we'd like to re-finance. Oh boy!

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment