Sunday, December 13, 2009

From Squirrel People to Circus People

Wow! I didn't realize it had been a whole week since I posted anything. It was a really busy week. Wednesday night was the first meeting of the "real book club" that I'm a member of. I was anxious to see what everyone thought of that awful book. Surprisingly, just about everyone enjoyed it. That makes me a little nervous. If they all liked it there's no telling what other weird books I'm going to have to read! We discussed a lot of books & then decided to let the person that's hosting the next get together choose the next book. Well guess what?? Yep - the lady that picked A Dirty Job is hosting next time. She picked Water for Elephants. Soooo we're going from squirrel people to circus people!! Aren't circus people just a step up from carnies?? I'm leary of this book. I've heard people talk about how great it is but I just don't know. I'm just not interested in circus people. The next get together is January 27th so I don't really have a lot of time.

I only worked a half day Thursday. When I left work I went & did some shopping. Thursday night I went to dinner with my friends, Sheri, Jackie, Dawn & Wendy. Wendy & her family are moving to Jacksonville next week so this was our farewell dinner. This is Jackie & Wendy.



Dean & I both took off Friday. We went & did a little shopping & then I started wrapping presents. I went next door to Amelia-Ann's Christmas party. I had a lot of fun! We had hot chocolate & snacks while all the girls made gingerbread houses & played the white elephant game.

Here are the girls.



The girls really enjoyed the game. There was a lot of stealing going on!!!



After that party we went to Central for my office party. My friend Aaron & his wife Brandi hosted it. They have a new house & it was very nice. We play the white elephant game too. Dean got a Snuggy & I got a bag full of Avon bath & foot stuff.

Saturday I wrapped somemore & then hosted the "Worst Book Club Ever" party. We had a great time & had great food as usual! I made a crab dip that I had for the first time Wednesday night at the other book club party. It's sooooo good & easily the easiest thing I've ever cooked. All you do is take 2 cans of crab meat (not the lump crab meat, the cheap stuff) & mix it with a 2 blocks of cream cheese & bake it. I add some sort of cajun seasoning & that's it. Everyone thought it was really good.

This morning I taught Sunday School. We had a few new kids this week. Not the best behaved bunch but we still had a good time. It's so funny how the Sunday School lesson leads to the most random conversations from these kids! I wrapped & wrapped today & I can finally see the end of the pile!!

Have a good Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment