Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday

The last few weeks I've been able to say  "today is my Friday.". Well, today is my Thursday. YUCK! Especially yuck because Dean gets off work at noon today & is off tomorrow & Monday. I HATE going to work when Dean's home. He works at a plant, they have a ton of holidays. I work at a newspaper, we have like 5. I've worked there 16 years so I do get 4 weeks of vacation so I can't complain too much.
I'm still not 100% & I'm pretty sure this has something to do with it.
Yes, it was 68 degrees at 6:40 AM on December 22!!! Supposedly, that's as warm as it will get today & it's going to rain. It was cold earlier in the week. It's ridiculous. Of course you'd think my sinuses would be use to it by now. I've lived in Baton Rouge for 38 years.

Side note, in the above picture, please note that the Margaritaville channel on Sirius is for Dean & Elvis is because I accidentally programmed it when I was setting the other channels & I never corrected it. I don't listen to either channel.
Update on Dean's gift. Still haven't found it. I even said prayers to St. Anthony last night after a friend suggested it. Luckily, it's not the only gift I have for him.

So, as I was typing the last sentence it was brought to my attention by a co-worker that I have 8 hours of vacation that I haven't taken. How did that happen?? I have no clue. The problem is it has to be taken by the end of the year & I can't take tomorrow or any day next week because another co-worker is off & one of us has to be there. That led to me leaving at 10:30. Tomorrow I'll go in late & leave a little early. What a mess. I'm taking full advantage of my almost all day off. I went to the mall. Normally, I would never do this 3 days before Christmas but I need boots & JC Penney's has them on sale. Off I went. I doubt anyone remembers but last year I looked everywhere for some tall black wedge heel boots that weren't Steve Madden & $135. Dean found a pair for $40 online at Old Navy. I ordered them & they were perfect! Well, apparently, only as perfect as $40 boots can be. The pleather is now peeling off. Oh well. I think I got my money's worth out of them. I found these today.
You can't tell in the picture but there's a fold over part that is lined with sweater material. They're very cute & seem to be comfy! I decided to go to Macy's too. I had a coupon. Macy's is hit or miss & mostly miss with me. Well, I scored this trip. I got this to wear with leggings & my boots. It was on sale for $17, regular $50.
This one was $50 & on sale for $25. It's long enough that it could be worn as a dress with tights or with leggings. Those things that look like spots on the screen are actually little rhinestone thingys.
The coupon I had was $15 off a $50 purchase. So I needed to find something else. I saw the slipper area so I went to check them out. I'd just thought to myself the other  night that I need some winter slippers. They had so many different kinds that were so cute! I had a hard time deciding. I ended up with these.
They're Isotoner & soooo comfy!! They were $26, on sale for $13 so basically I got them free since I had the $15 coupon. Can't beat that!

I'm going to nap now!

Toodles!

1 comment: